LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
1972 726

I seem to have developed an unhealthy addiction to old snowblowers. Today I brought home a Model 31760, S/N 205318.

Some of the design features are interesting. The drum auger is obvious but I am not sure why Toro used it. Can anybody explain?

The moveable spring loaded cutter bar is not obvious to me. Can anybody explain how this is supposed to work and what advantages it offers?

So far as I can see from the machine and looking at the parts listings on the Toro page, this machine never had an electrical interlock setup, and has no "deadman"controls at all. I don't see a separate traction clutch, and it looks like the machine could walk away with the auger running. I haven't located an operator's manual yet, nor been into the machine, but the design doesn't seem safe. What am I missing here?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2017, 12:06 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 84
GEvening amuller, I went to the Toro site and the manuals are available as downloads. Toro says it's a 1972? Possibly has NO safety features. FUN Times!!!! Has an old Briggs?? The Toro Drums are interesting, as they 'Claim" it wont break, or doesn't have shear pins? And the design allegedly limits the amount of snow it can ingest?? I have a couple of later model 524/724's with the spring loaded shave bar....works pretty well and scrapes close to the ground. Heavy machines and effective, if not more than a little dangerous if it runs away!!! GLuck, Jay
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzAuto1 View Post
GEvening amuller, I went to the Toro site and the manuals are available as downloads. Toro says it's a 1972? Possibly has NO safety features. FUN Times!!!! Has an old Briggs?? The Toro Drums are interesting, as they 'Claim" it wont break, or doesn't have shear pins? And the design allegedly limits the amount of snow it can ingest?? I have a couple of later model 524/724's with the spring loaded shave bar....works pretty well and scrapes close to the ground. Heavy machines and effective, if not more than a little dangerous if it runs away!!! GLuck, Jay
(This is my 4th try at posting a reply! I keep getting this "token has expired" message.)

Thanks, Jay. Apparently the manuals specific to this machine have to be ordered, but they were only $7.05 including tax and shipping.

Has anyone modified the controls on these machines to be safer, or used parts from later models?

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page