LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
New to me Powermax 6000

We had the winter from **** here last year, 72" of snow. So last weekend when I saw a Toro snowblower that looked new I went ahead and bought it.

It's a Powermax 6000, made in 2005, that his friends Dad had bought new and paid Ace Hardware $1100 for, seldom used it, and it still has a few prongs on the tires.

I paid $400 for it, poured fresh premix in it, and it runs perfect.

Since the auger doesn't even have worn paint on it, I'm not worried about repairing it, but is there anything I should keep an eye out for on this model?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438_1501593937180.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	106650  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-01-2017, 04:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1163
Thumbs up

I am not up speed on those machines. there was a guy around here that would have paid a king's ransom to have what you got for 400.00. looks brand new so just try it out when it snows. and let the masses here know the score on that 1. Anyhoo, ALOHA from the Paradise City.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2018, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
At the risk of reviving a zombie thread, we just now finished up Winter, and we set a record for snow here - like 110 inches.

We were 5th most snow in the USA, only getting beat out by Upstate NY.

How did the Powermax 6000 do? It was a lifesaver.

On the days with light snow, the old reliable CCR3000 did the job fast and clean.

When it dumped 20 on us, Id uncover the 6000 and it was an animal. One night It pounded us, and I did my cleaning, and three neighbors driveways too. I only wish it had a bigger tank, as it loves premix. I ran the STIHL Ultra 2 cycle mix, that has almost zero smoke and ash.

One night I was finishing up, and the snowplow came by, and I waved at him and waited, and the fresh berm he left in front of the driveways were 2 tall, but fresh and not frozen.

I kicked it into 2nd gear, and took 1/3 of it at a time, and blew it onto the lawns. I did half a city block on both sides. The neighbors all thanked me for saving them the backbreaking work.

Its a terrific machine, and the big 2 cycle engine has more than enough power, and never let me down.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks superbuick thanked for this post
Likes gibbs296, dbert, detdrbuzzard, superbuick liked this post
post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2018, 10:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 248
Likes (Received): 290

the 6000, aka the TE726 I think, is the most unique modern snowblower out there and you have a nice one

Congrats!

looks like a nice 1981 (pre Uni-Trak) GPZ too

1989 John Deere 1032
1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5/24)
2015 Snapper Pro SW30 52" Mower
post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2018, 11:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 154
Likes (Received): 118
Thanks for the update. Nice find. I have never seen one of those machines, would be nice to have a 2 cycle without so much smoke and smell.

Paul
----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Toro 724, 1988 Toro 521
1980 Toro 421, 1995 Craftsman 524
1997 Toro CCR 2500 & 1994 Toro CCR Powerlite
post #6 of 6 Old 05-22-2018, 04:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 15
Likes (Received): 33
Great to hear this - and I agree. That big two stroke is an absolute monster - it just digs in (loudly) and eats all the snow in its path. I cant even think of a time I've felt mine bog down all that significantly - and I can't say that about my rejetted GX270 on the HSS928. My favorite part about it is the complete lack of maintenance needed on the engine - just run the gas out each year and it starts up next year first pull. No messy oil changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPzEric View Post
At the risk of reviving a zombie thread, we just now finished up Winter, and we set a record for snow here - like 110 inches.

We were 5th most snow in the USA, only getting beat out by Upstate NY.

How did the Powermax 6000 do? It was a lifesaver.

On the days with light snow, the old reliable CCR3000 did the job fast and clean.

When it dumped 20 on us, Id uncover the 6000 and it was an animal. One night It pounded us, and I did my cleaning, and three neighbors driveways too. I only wish it had a bigger tank, as it loves premix. I ran the STIHL Ultra 2 cycle mix, that has almost zero smoke and ash.

One night I was finishing up, and the snowplow came by, and I waved at him and waited, and the fresh berm he left in front of the driveways were 2 tall, but fresh and not frozen.

I kicked it into 2nd gear, and took 1/3 of it at a time, and blew it onto the lawns. I did half a city block on both sides. The neighbors all thanked me for saving them the backbreaking work.

Its a terrific machine, and the big 2 cycle engine has more than enough power, and never let me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page