LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-06-2018, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 11
Impeller upgrades

So I own a 1028 LXE. I have not been using her for the last two years. Foot surgery first year and the same foit reinfected second year.
Soooo I went out to shed to see if she would start. Check oil, pulled starter rope a couple times to get oil moving. Pulled throttle up, primed and pulled a couple times and she started. So I'm ready. Towards the end of the last time I used her I saw some home made impeller kits to help throw and keep chute from clogging. Has anyone here used them. Did it help or hinder use of your Toro or even any other snowblower?

Basically is it worth adding this to my machine?

Thank, Rob

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-06-2018, 06:10 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 353
Likes (Received): 582
Garage
If the clearance between the impeller and the housing is more than 3/16, go for it. The difference in performance will be very noticable.

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 14
I put the pads on my Chraftsman 9 hp last year and it was unbelievable how far it threw the snow.. almost to the neighbors driveway! I just installed them on another blower last week. You are going to love it! No more clogged chutes! Dave.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
i made my own from an old tire for my 80's era craftsman, did have a nice gap between impeller and housing.
it blows snow farther if that what ur looking for, as for clogging idk for my machine as it wasnt clogging b4.
it just feels soooo right in blowing the snow farther.
u can see it in my vids linked in my sig

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I made pads from tire sidewall for a repowered MTD 5/24, first time it ever threw slush. Just added them to a 1977 Ariens 8/24 that I'm rebuilding for my son-in-law and after that's done, will add to the Powershift model I picked up recently. After the MTD performance, I'm sold on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page