LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Snowblower won’t stay runnin

I have a toro CCR 2000 and it had problems staying running before so I ordered a new carb for it. Even after putting the new one on it still only ran for a couple seconds then dies. I took the fuel line of where it connects to the carb and there was gas pouring out so I think it is getting gas. I also replaced the spark plug, at this point I feel like it’s an easy fix but I have no idea what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 11:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 201
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 567
Likes (Received): 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBernard View Post
I have a toro CCR 2000 and it had problems staying running before so I ordered a new carb for it. Even after putting the new one on it still only ran for a couple seconds then dies. I took the fuel line of where it connects to the carb and there was gas pouring out so I think it is getting gas. I also replaced the spark plug, at this point I feel like itís an easy fix but I have no idea what it is.
Hello Alex and welcome to snow blower forum. I have one of those in my garage too. Great little machine. You might want to check your choke operation. Possibly when you replaced the carb the linkage operating the choke might have been positioned incorrectly, check that out. Check that primer bulb also.
Good Luck!

Jack of all trades, Master of none!
Ariens - 924086 - ST1028
Craftsman - 88934 - 10HP 28"
Toro - CCR 3650
Toro - CCR 2000
post #3 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Yes, I can tell the difference when I turn the choke back off so I don’t think it is that, but my primer make an odd sound like bubbly gas when I press it and it does not sound right.
post #4 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
to SBF Alex

The primer should make a noise down at the carb when you push it. It's pressurizing the carb's float bowl and squirting gas up into the throat. Bubbly isn't quite how I'd describe it but there should be a noise and also gas smell and if you do it a few times some gas dripping out the open end of the carb.

Does it make any difference in the length of time you can keep it running by playing with how much choke you have on ??

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
No, it’s almost like the bowl slowly fills up then I can run it but it will run what it has in out then die, no new gas is getting sucked into the engine so it dies after a couple seconds. And I also have two of the same snowblowers and my working one sounds very different when primed and I can feel more pressure when I prune it. This one feels weak and makes a odd sound of air swooshing from the carb.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 123
Welcome aboard Alex!

First off, I wouldn't worry too much about what the primer sounds like for right now. That's not to say that there might not be an issue with it, but since the problem is maintaining the run once it's started, at that point the primer plays no part in the process, and it is likely that the primer is working to some extent, or you probably wouldn't get it to start at all.

You mentioned that you pulled the fuel line and gas came out of the carb. While that's good, it doesn't mean that gas is necessarily getting into the cylinder, and may only be doing so when you're pumping the primer bulb.

Does it stall out when it is still on choke, or only when you take the choke off?
If the latter, then try running it for a couple of minutes choked or partly choked, and see if it will continue running.

If the machine is doing the same thing it was doing before you swapped the carb, then don't rule out that the first carb got clogged and whatever clogged the first one, clogged the new one too. I had that happen to me on a ccr2450, and it turned out to be a fuel line disintegrating from the inside, and sending tiny rubber particles into the carb.

If you're looking for guarantees in life, buy yourself a toaster.
--- Clint Eastwood
post #7 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 07:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItAintSnow View Post
If the machine is doing the same thing it was doing before you swapped the carb, then don't rule out that the first carb got clogged and whatever clogged the first one, clogged the new one too. I had that happen to me on a ccr2450, and it turned out to be a fuel line disintegrating from the inside, and sending tiny rubber particles into the carb.
I'd bet on this first, but could it also be a clogged vent in the gas cap? Try running with the cap off (if no spillage!) or very loose. If the engine keeps running tighten the cap; if it then quits you have your culprit.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 88
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 406
Garage
Remove the gas cap, maybe it's not venting; Drain the gas from the carb and tank in to a clear soda bottle, Check for clarity, color, discoloration, cloudiness, and water.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
post #9 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I’d tried the gas cap and that didn’t work, but when I first put the new carb on it ran for about 30 seconds and then dies out again, is that enough time for the carb to get clogged up like that, I will definitely take a look at the carb and clean it up with some carb cleaner. It has died on choke before but it does run better choked, so I will also try that too, thanks.
post #10 of 13 Old 12-09-2018, 10:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 90
Your engine's Birthday is Monday, September 27th,1971......made on Line D @ Tecumseh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in