post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro snowblower only work on choke

Hello group,

I know kind of nothing about gas motors, i'm mostly a electric guy. 3 years ago I bought a brand new Toro snowblower. It runned fine for the first winter. Then the next year, well I didn't really do proper maintenance and it didnt started (obviously). I was able to make it run again after emptying the gas tank and using sea foam, but I can only run it on choke. Whenever i switch to "run" it stops. If i switch it back to choke it will instantly restart without to have to pull the cord. This year I bought supreme gas and put sea foam and it started without any problem really but it will only still run on choke.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 273
Likes (Given): 357
Likes (Received): 622
Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like your carburetor has gotten gummed up from gas degrading in it. This restricts the fuel flow, and so you need choke to add enough fuel to get it to run OK.

I haven't had much luck with Seafoam. Some people have tried other fuel additives, like StarTron. But it still may not really help.

There's lot of info out there on cleaning carburetors. The quick & dirty version (but less effective than a full cleaning) would be to remove the carb's bowl, and spray carb cleaner up the center post, and into any openings you can see. And see if that helps.

Depending on the engine brand & model, if cleaning it wasn't something you wanted to try, you might be able to replace the carb for $15-20, via Amazon or eBay.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page