LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-11-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
726 final drive sprocket groove pin?

The only consistent problem I have with this old machine is with the way the final drive sprocket is pinned to the shaft. It is supposed to be a solid 1/4" "groove pin" but that had sheared. (Probably why I was given the machine....)

I have been using grade 8 1/4" bolts, but these only last a few hours before shearing. I've been assuming these are at least as strong as a groove pin but maybe I'm wrong about that. I've been thinking about drilling out the shaft and sprocket for a 5/16" or 3/8" pin or bolt but that would be a bit of a pain.

Suggestions? Is this a common problem with these machines?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in