New Toro Power Clear 821's online - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 08-12-2019, 02:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 29
Garage
New Toro Power Clear 821's online

At work we got new 721 rc commercial blowers in. Chutes are plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by groomerz; 08-12-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gibbs296 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 08-12-2019, 03:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 300
Likes (Received): 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Dont think the 2 strokes will come back. EPA emissions laws.

My snowmobile is a 4 stroke, cleaner and easier to build, no smoke or smell. I really like it.
That's for sure. Today it's all about plug and play, no mix no mess.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #13 of 29 Old 08-15-2019, 07:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 632
Very cool! I think an 821 is a great idea. I'd like to get a 721. I think my 221 is really nice, my only "complaint" would be that more power could make it even more useful, with bigger storms. And an 821 would be even better than a 721.

Are the RC models good? I really like the QuickShoot on mine, it seems like a shame to give that up.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #14 of 29 Old 08-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 300
Likes (Received): 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbert View Post
My local Toro dealer is a family member. I saw this thread and messaged him about them. He sent me the photos as he was just unboxing them. I could have pushed for more info but knew he was busy. Perhaps I'll stop in on Monday.
I was on Toro's site and it does look like the 721's are new also. What stands out that the handle does appear to be longer. If you stop by could you confirm this? Just wondering if I could order a new handle and convert mine to the new longer handle.

2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #15 of 29 Old 08-20-2019, 09:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 29
Garage
New Toro Power Clear 821's online

Quick chute was a great thing without quick chute operators are going to be lazy and blow snow where it should not go. I spring loaded cutting edge appears to be new design with steel and plastic on the 721rc commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16 of 29 Old 08-31-2019, 01:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Purchasing an 821RC or QZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Looking at the Toro website, and see they have upgraded a significant part of the single stage lineup. The new 821's caught my eye, as they seem to have engines almost 25% larger (252cc) and 3 quart fuel tanks. Anybody else have any info ? Cant wait to see them on the floor soon.
I had a look at my local dealership and they have 25 in stock. I am looking to buy and am trying to decide between the 821RC and the 821QZE. The RC has extended life paddles, whereas the QZE has electric start and remote chute control operated by a cable and regular paddles. Both blowers weigh about 95lbs, a little heavier due to bigger motor.

My only concern with the QZE would be the cable freezing up. The RC is simpler, and freezeup not an issue. Once the paddles wore out I could replace with extended life paddles.
post #17 of 29 Old 08-31-2019, 09:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 275
Likes (Given): 2796
Likes (Received): 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddick View Post
My only concern with the QZE would be the cable freezing up. The RC is simpler, and freezeup not an issue. Once the paddles wore out I could replace with extended life paddles.

I have a 2008 model "421-QZE" Power Clear bought new and have NEVER had the cables freeze. The Quick chute moves easily and eliminates reaching over the handle to change direction at the end of each pass.

The Zip deflector is nice but still requires a reach over to adjust.

The Electric start is also nice but I think I have used it once, when I forgot to turn the ignition on and thought the engine was just being difficult to start.

I use the standard paddles and normally replace them every two or three seasons, along with the scraper bar.

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 421-QZE (38585) 2008

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Likes RedOctobyr liked this post
post #18 of 29 Old 08-31-2019, 12:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 632
The only part about Quick Shoot that surprised me a bit is that it's difficult to re-aim while blowing a bunch of snow. With more snow going through the chute, the chute wants to tilt, and (mine, at least) kinda binds up. I could probably force it to re-aim, but I don't want to stress the mechanism needlessly.

I haven't had issues with the cable freezing, in my limited usage this past winter. But this year I'll probably be storing it out in the shed, vs the garage, so any water may be more likely to freeze. There are probably options to help keep the top of the cable sealed, if it was a problem. Either some sort of rubber cap, or maybe wrapping the end of the cable with Teflon tape, something like that.

I do appreciate the simplicity of the RC-style control. But I really like the convenience of Quick Shoot. My 2-stroke is very easy to pull-start. Thus far, I don't mind not having electric start.

I'm glad they made an 821, I think the extra power could really help keep it a mechanically-simple machine (more than the SnowMaster), but allow it to handle bigger storms. Meaning you could probably manage larger storms, while still clearing faster & easier than a 2-stage.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #19 of 29 Old 09-01-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddick View Post
I had a look at my local dealership and they have 25 in stock. I am looking to buy and am trying to decide between the 821RC and the 821QZE. The RC has extended life paddles, whereas the QZE has electric start and remote chute control operated by a cable and regular paddles. Both blowers weigh about 95lbs, a little heavier due to bigger motor.

Wow, sounds like a big dealer. Think my dealers will be putting out winter stock now that we've hit Labor day.

OVERPOWERED is usually Adequate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ariens 1128 Pro, 826 dle, 2 Path pro's
post #20 of 29 Old 09-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
That's for sure. Today it's all about plug and play, no mix no mess.
Pouring a little bottle of oil into a container of gas is NEVER messier than changing oil on a 4 stroke engine. That is a fallacy. Its about "low hanging fruit" emissions. The two strokes are lighter and better in my opinion.

The same people who complain about "mixing gas and oil" never seem to have any problem getting the cream and sugar into their coffee just right...
Likes Snowbelt_subie liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page