Snow master scraper and thoughts - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
I have had my snowmaster for a few years now, and the only thing I'm not happy with is the flexible scraper. It can be near impossible at times to scrape any packed snow, then the tires just churn up packed snow with no drive. I think I am going to add a metal scraper somehow and see if it cures the problem.

I keep thinking that a bigger 2 stage might be easier for my wife to run on EOD and such, but it seems that my neighbors have to manhandle theirs anyways. There is no way I would ever get rid of the snowmaster as it is just so much faster 90% of the snowfalls, but I'm thinking of adding a 2 stage.

Does anyone that has both care to compare the effort between the two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 48
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 221
Snow master has it limitations. Two stage has it limitations also. It's a balancing act between the two. Keep the snow master, and buy a 2 stage for the EOD or heavy snowfall. You can always chop up the EOD with a shovel and try to clear it out with the snow master.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ01915 View Post
Snow master has it limitations. Two stage has it limitations also. It's a balancing act between the two. Keep the snow master, and buy a 2 stage for the EOD or heavy snowfall. You can always chop up the EOD with a shovel and try to clear it out with the snow master.
The biggest limitations with EOD is height. It seems that most 2 stages are only 23-24" tall, and a 3' pile has snow coming over the top either way. I can't see a wheeled 2 stage being much better than the snowmaster in any condition, and I would be looking at tracked if going 2 stage.

The real question is effort. I know a wheeled 2 stage is only marginally less effort with deep snow. Would 3' EOD be that much less effort with a tracked 2 stage than with a snowmaster?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 09:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyfyter View Post
The biggest limitations with EOD is height. It seems that most 2 stages are only 23-24" tall, and a 3' pile has snow coming over the top either way. I can't see a wheeled 2 stage being much better than the snowmaster in any condition, and I would be looking at tracked if going 2 stage.

The real question is effort. I know a wheeled 2 stage is only marginally less effort with deep snow. Would 3' EOD be that much less effort with a tracked 2 stage than with a snowmaster?
Where do you live that thr EOD is 3'?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ariens ProPath 21 208cc ...honda HS621 GX160
Toro 621 6hp 4 cycle ....Craftsman SS ???
....Honda HS624 GX160 Toro 828 lxe Tecumseh 8hp
post #5 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbelt_subie View Post
Where do you live that thr EOD is 3'?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Small town south dakota. 12" of snow + 4 passes with a motor grader, that snow has to go somewhere unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page