LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2020, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro quick trigger DIY ideas

Hello, I recently bought a Toro 721 single stage snow blower, great machine. My only concern was having to lean forward to manually move the direction of the thrower constantly. I wish I spent a bit more and got this feature. I was wondering if anyone has done any custom mods to make one yourself to adjust it on the fly like the “quick trigger” feature on other models. Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 479
Likes (Received): 846
Welcome to the forum! I have a 221QR, an older model, with the Quick Chute system. I really like it, but I fear it might be a bit tricky to retrofit onto a machine without it. You could compare parts diagrams for yours, vs the version with it, to get a sense of what it might cost, if using Toro parts, I suppose.

The Honda HS621 single-stage didn't use a cable-actuated system. But they basically just attached a long handle to the chute. I believe the idea was you could control it without necessarily needing to walk around to the side of the machine. Perhaps something like that could be done? This video shows the handle:

Where there's a will, there's a way. Hopefully something can be figured out to make yours a little more user-friendly.

I was really looking for a 721 when I bought my 221! I wanted the bigger 4-stroke. But I got a deal that I couldn't pass up on my 2-stroke version. I've been happy with it, but I only got it last spring. Hoping to get some more run-time with it. Enjoy yours!

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #3 of 3 Old 01-08-2020, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks for the input. That Honda snow blower handle idea might be my best bet. I’ve been doing some digging and no one has come up with a better fix other then putting an extension on the handle. I’ll come up with something and post some pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page