LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-24-2014, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
PowerShift 1132 vs Ariens ST1032

I have what I think is a '95 1132 (mod#38580 ser#59006 ) in excellent condition that I thought of swapping with a 80's ST1032 (model#924073 ser#7061) which the better machine? I would like to find out the date of the Ariens for sure. I need to find an electric starter for the Ariens
Before I knew what I was doing, I use to have the augers scraping the surface to get as much snow off before I realized that I was wearing them down. I don't know how much I took off, it's about 3 3/8" from drum to tip of auger blade, I ALWAYS prefer old iron over newer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-24-2014, 05:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1145
keep the POWERSHIFT. ALOHA to the forms.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 9 Old 08-24-2014, 06:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
post pic's of that auger issue. the scraper bar should be 1/8 of an inch above the ground. the POWERSHIFT is old iron. let me know.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 9 Old 08-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
depending on were u live. and the condition of that POWERSHIFT, I just might be in the market to take it off your hands...

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 9 Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Big East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
depending on were u live. and the condition of that POWERSHIFT, I just might be in the market to take it off your hands...
I am not looking to sell but to give to my sis, because it starts and runs like a gem and really throws. So it won't give her any problems. The ariens I can work on at my leisure. I've had this unit since '96 bought it off original owner in excellent condition. Was my only unit until '01 then relegated to back up role since and hardly ever used. I am leaning towards giving it to my sis, now that I have just removed the scraper bar and shoes, for maintenance. Shoes are SOLID thick heavy steel. Can not say same for auger housing, seems like light gauge metal was used, very disappointed and surprised for a '95. Bottom front edge are bent inwards will post pictures.
next ?
which is the better engine the 11hp Briggs or the 10hp Tecumseh?
post #6 of 9 Old 08-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1645
Likes (Received): 581
sounds like you will have the ariens and the toro so compare them when it snows and keep the one you like best

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #7 of 9 Old 08-25-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
sounds like you will have the ariens and the toro so compare them when it snows and keep the one you like best
Won't have them side by side. Ariens is being delivered to my sis in boston.
Was more interested in the quality, which is the better built machine, I was thinking maybe the Ariens was built with heavier gauge steel because it's older.
Also why is Ariens, who has a good rep. using Tecumseh engines when no one has anything good to say about them? they upgrade to B&S.

Last edited by Nubian; 08-25-2014 at 12:14 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-25-2014, 04:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubian View Post
I am not looking to sell but to give to my sis, because it starts and runs like a gem and really throws. So it won't give her any problems. The ariens I can work on at my leisure. I've had this unit since '96 bought it off original owner in excellent condition. Was my only unit until '01 then relegated to back up role since and hardly ever used. I am leaning towards giving it to my sis, now that I have just removed the scraper bar and shoes, for maintenance. Shoes are SOLID thick heavy steel. Can not say same for auger housing, seems like light gauge metal was used, very disappointed and surprised for a '95. Bottom front edge are bent inwards will post pictures.
next ?
which is the better engine the 11hp Briggs or the 10hp Tecumseh?
THE 11hp BRIGGS IS a way better engine. those tecumsaparts are known to throw a rod.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
all those side panels bend in ward. that is how they were designed. also on those drum augers even the real old ones will bend. I think it because of the spot welds. I just got new side panels last year for THE MASTERPIECE. and they bend in. because of the design of the POWERSHIFT feature they had to use a lighter gauge metal. to off set the weight for the transfer of power for the wheels to shift. make no mistake about it. that metal will hold up to any kind of abuse. THAT IS NOT CHEAP METAL ON THERE.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page