LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-13-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 92
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 308
Likes (Received): 140
Newbie here

I am thinking about a Toro 1128 OXE as my next Snowblower, My dealer has 1 from last year new in box. My old 8/26 Craftsman is 18 years old runs good. Should I just pull the trigger and get the Toro or wait till the Craftsman dies?? My dealer is switching over to Husky this year. I am thinking Toro is a better built one.

Thanks for the help Hanky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post
I am thinking about a Toro 1128 OXE as my next Snowblower, My dealer has 1 from last year new in box. My old 8/26 Craftsman is 18 years old runs good. Should I just pull the trigger and get the Toro or wait till the Craftsman dies?? My dealer is switching over to Husky this year. I am thinking Toro is a better built one.

get the TORO you never know when that one will pass on to the great beyond.. ALOHA to the forms.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 11-13-2014, 11:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
get the TORO you never know when that one will pass on to the great beyond.. ALOHA to the forms.
That is only partially true. It depends on a lot of things. If the engine is knocking obviously it only has so long to live, but if it is in decent condition and has been taken care of it can last for a long time. Just because it is old doesn't mean it will die soon. My 826 Toro is 36 years old and it keeps on truckin'.

OP:

I would go over your current machine and see how much it needs to keep it reliable versus how much you could get for it if you sold it. It also depends on how good of a deal they will give you on last year's model.

1984 Toro 724 - 7.75hp Briggs Intek OHV repower >> restoration project
2007 Toro CCR Powerlite - 3hp Tecumseh 2-stroke
1971 Gravely Super Convertible 7.6 - 30" mower, snow blade
2005 John Deere G110 - 54" mower, 42" snowblower
post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2014, 03:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 54
Likes (Received): 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post

Everything I say from this point is completely Biased.

I JUST bought the 1128 myself. The sprung scraper bar cleaned the snow right down to the tarmac and did as good if not a better job at removing stubborn snow than my previous single stage.

IMHO the scraper bar thing is absolutely worth it. It's much smoother with it as the unit isn't getting jammed up on cracks or expansion joints.

Do it! It's a fabulous machine and will last longer than you will likely want it too 😆

Those are my 2cents. I absolutely love mine. Power to spare!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page