Toro S620 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro S620

I came across a free Toro S620 snowblower. It has an electrical outlet as well as a gas tank. I got this machine free as the owner threw it away but it didn't come with a cord. I was wondering if anyone in these forums has a similar model and if they can utilize it without having to have the cord present.

So far, all I've done is empty the fluids in it and replace with fresh oil and gas. BUt have not had any luck starting it.

I'm from Florida, now living in SE PA. This is my first experience with a snowblower.

Thanks much for any advice

Joe
airforceone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newington, CT
Posts: 2,029
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148



you need to rebuild the carb, the old gas makes the diaphrams stiff
43128 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Moderator
 
detdrbuzzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 42.23n/83.33w/636
Posts: 6,572
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1645
Likes (Received): 580
hello airforceone, welcome to SBF!! the plug in for the electrical cord just tells you that it has a 120v electric starter, plug an extension cord in a wall socket an in your snowblower and press the start button to utilize it. does yours have a pull cord or is it broken

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
detdrbuzzard is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 3,175
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 291
Welcome, and fire away with the questions. I take it that you are reasonably mechanically inclined, as you have came to this far. Chances are the carb rebuild kit, as suggested, and a thorough carb cleaning and you should be set.

There are different thoughts on carb cleaning, chemical and ultra sonic. Both work, and both have their plusses and minuses.

If you are unsure, then by all means ask away. There is plenty of information and experience here.

Garage:
MTD....2 stage(modern 8.5 HP) not my favorite
Honda HS622 TA-B - acquired at an auction- nice machine for it's size.
Toro S-140- Picked it up on trash day... it runs, sort of.
Yamaha YS 240 TB "Ricky" latest Craigslist find- on the bench now.
db9938 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43128 View Post
Toro Tecumseh Carb re Build Kit for S200 S620 | eBay

you need to rebuild the carb, the old gas makes the diaphrams stiff
Thank you. Haven't done that in years but this is the perfect time to brush up.
airforceone is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
hello airforceone, welcome to SBF!! the plug in for the electrical cord just tells you that it has a 120v electric starter, plug an extension cord in a wall socket an in your snowblower and press the start button to utilize it. does yours have a pull cord or is it broken
Thank you detdrbuzzard. This one has a pull cord and an electric push start.
airforceone is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by db9938 View Post
Welcome, and fire away with the questions. I take it that you are reasonably mechanically inclined, as you have came to this far. Chances are the carb rebuild kit, as suggested, and a thorough carb cleaning and you should be set.

There are different thoughts on carb cleaning, chemical and ultra sonic. Both work, and both have their plusses and minuses.

If you are unsure, then by all means ask away. There is plenty of information and experience here.
Thank you db9938. Reasonably mechanically inclined is a promotion for me sir but thank you.

I was about to throw it away but something told me to log in here and start asking questions. It appears a good ol carb rebuild is on the calendar. I'll do a little research in the next few days and if I have any questions will make sure to post them here but hopefully will just be letting you know in a few days that I got it started.

Thanks much
airforceone is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 3,175
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceone View Post
Thank you db9938. Reasonably mechanically inclined is a promotion for me sir but thank you.

I was about to throw it away but something told me to log in here and start asking questions. It appears a good ol carb rebuild is on the calendar. I'll do a little research in the next few days and if I have any questions will make sure to post them here but hopefully will just be letting you know in a few days that I got it started.

Thanks much
Hey, we're here for ya!

Garage:
MTD....2 stage(modern 8.5 HP) not my favorite
Honda HS622 TA-B - acquired at an auction- nice machine for it's size.
Toro S-140- Picked it up on trash day... it runs, sort of.
Yamaha YS 240 TB "Ricky" latest Craigslist find- on the bench now.
db9938 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 12-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Grunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Lenox
Posts: 1,961
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 239
Thanks (Received): 281
Likes (Given): 2856
Likes (Received): 527
Grunt is online now  
post #10 of 12 Old 12-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 32
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
S620

Toro instructions for using the electric start feature: Crank engine for 5 seconds then let starter rest for 5 sec. do this cycle for up to 40sec. then let starter cool off for 40 minutes. and repeat until engine runs. Cranking for longer intervals will cause a starter motor to have a melt down. If excessive cranking is needed take the snowblower to dealer for service.
33006 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome