LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-31-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
826 drive adjustment

I have a 1984 - 826 - Model 38150 - forward drive problem. In Reverse it's good, however I also get reverse in the 1st forward gear position. I get a solid forward in the second forward position but it moves too rapidly for heavy snow. How or what do I adjust to get the reverse out of the 1st forward position? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-31-2014, 11:46 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 27
Likes (Received): 42
Your gear shifter is out of adjustment. You will need to drain your fuel tank and then tip your machine forward so that it rests on its bucket end. Now you can remove the access panel to reveal your drive system. You will see a stationary disk, and a disk that slides on its shaft. The shaft should be free of old hardened grease and lightly greased with low temp grease. Now you can operate your shifter and observe how the moving disk aligns with the stationary disk. Reverse is on one side of center, all forward speeds on the other side of center. Make adjustments on your gear shift rod to make it align properly. MH

1960 Ariens 45-10M
1961 Ariens 10M55
1977 Ariens 22000
1972 Ariens 10000
1990 Ariens ST724
1987 Toro 724
Murray Ultra 522
MTD Single stage
8 hp MTD hybrid plow
post #3 of 5 Old 12-31-2014, 07:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 342
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1115
I posted that same issue in another thread. somewhere around here.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-01-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Thumbs up 826 drive adjustment

Happy New Year to all of you out there! Thanks much motorhead64! I had searched for a long time to get the info on the Toro Forum and just kept coming up empty! I was absolutely sure that it had to have been addressed before but was just spinning my wheels and wasting a LOT of time. Decided to put it out there, any help from anyone was great! I was pretty sure that POWERSHIFT93 would come thru! You missed me by 8hrs. and 3min. POWERSHIFT93--where were you?! I also just put a new carb. on the unit after an unsuccessful rebuild. I had her running and took it out for a spin around the yard a couple of nights ago. Some positive success with not having to run it with the choke on full after a good warm up--but had a little trouble keeping it running with initial start up. Will do so again today to see what she does at cold again. Carb wasn't preset from the factory and I did the usual seatings and recommended turnouts. I'm not much of a carb adjust person-but time will tell. Thanks again and Happy New Year to all. (I'll be house sitting in Woodbury for the next three months-maybe we'll have to get together and compare notes on Minnesota Winters!)
post #5 of 5 Old 01-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 342
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by scvcando View Post
Happy New Year to all of you out there! Thanks much motorhead64! I had searched for a long time to get the info on the Toro Forum and just kept coming up empty! I was absolutely sure that it had to have been addressed before but was just spinning my wheels and wasting a LOT of time. Decided to put it out there, any help from anyone was great! I was pretty sure that POWERSHIFT93 would come thru! You missed me by 8hrs. and 3min. POWERSHIFT93--where were you?! I also just put a new carb. on the unit after an unsuccessful rebuild. I had her running and took it out for a spin around the yard a couple of nights ago. Some positive success with not having to run it with the choke on full after a good warm up--but had a little trouble keeping it running with initial start up. Will do so again today to see what she does at cold again. Carb wasn't preset from the factory and I did the usual seatings and recommended turnouts. I'm not much of a carb adjust person-but time will tell. Thanks again and Happy New Year to all. (I'll be house sitting in Woodbury for the next three months-maybe we'll have to get together and compare notes on Minnesota Winters!)
it is said that I do have a life out side of this place.:rolle yes:

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page