post #1 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 2
In Need of a 824 Powershift Axle

Hey guys (especially PS93) -

Anyone have a lead on Toro part number 63-2111 axle? I'm attempting to remove the heavily rusted wheels from the axle and have come to the conclusion that I may have to sacrifice the axle to be able to get the wheel into a press or drill press to liberate the two pieces from each other. The axle is NLA and there are currently none on eBay, so I thought I'd try here first.

I have the ability to make one from 7/8" round bar and weld the gear onto it for probably in the range of $35 or so, so not looking to spend any more than that on a used one.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 01:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 485
Thanks (Received): 354
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputtpar View Post
Hey guys (especially PS93) -

Anyone have a lead on Toro part number 63-2111 axle? I'm attempting to remove the heavily rusted wheels from the axle and have come to the conclusion that I may have to sacrifice the axle to be able to get the wheel into a press or drill press to liberate the two pieces from each other. The axle is NLA and there are currently none on eBay, so I thought I'd try here first.

I have the ability to make one from 7/8" round bar and weld the gear onto it for probably in the range of $35 or so, so not looking to spend any more than that on a used one.

Thanks.
hey guess what i got 1. it came off THE MASTER PIECE.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Can you PM me some more details? Thanks.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 515
Thanks (Received): 684
Likes (Given): 3871
Likes (Received): 1485
Garage
If PS93's doesn't solve your problem you'll likely need to look used or build it as a new one is $100 + if you can find it in stock.

632111 Snowblower Parts from RepairClinic.com

Ebay or Craigslist. Ebay had one for $35 shipped

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #5 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Yes, that is the one that I was basing my potential price range on. I really should have bought it back in January when it was available and I came across it. I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1659
Likes (Received): 584
even buying used shipping it is going to cost as much or more than the part. I just shipped my friend a motorcycle rain suit that I don't wear and only wore once. I paid $49 a few years ago for it and it cost $35 for me to ship it to him

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #7 of 9 Old 04-22-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I think I've just decided to make my own out of 7/8" round bar. I contacted the one that was on eBay, and the auction was ended because it was sold locally.

PS93, if the one you have is from your 828 I don't think it would have worked as it's a different part number and I don't know what the difference would be. I think maybe the gear is bigger than the one for 24" machines. Thanks anyway.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-22-2015, 09:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 485
Thanks (Received): 354
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputtpar View Post
I think I've just decided to make my own out of 7/8" round bar. I contacted the one that was on eBay, and the auction was ended because it was sold locally.

PS93, if the one you have is from your 828 I don't think it would have worked as it's a different part number and I don't know what the difference would be. I think maybe the gear is bigger than the one for 24" machines. Thanks anyway.
YOU would have to get the other chain for the 1 i have. other wise i can rattle fibersport's cage and see if he still has his.:bangh ead:

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 Old 06-01-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
To close out this thread, I've completed the destruction of the original shaft by chopping it in pieces and drilling out the center of the gear. I had to bring the wheels into work and have the maintenance crew bore them out for me as the drill press I have available would have been too much work.

I fabbed up a new length of 7/8" bar and marked and drilled the holes for the wheels and the roll pins that keep it centered. Now I just need to weld/epoxy the gear back on and paint it black to prevent rust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page