LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro weight kit dimensions

The front weight kit for my Toro 1028OHXE is just to expensive. Anyone know the dimensions of the weight kit? Looking to add about the same amount of weight to my machine (with cab) as the kit that Toro sells. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 315
Likes (Received): 143
This is what I did for my 1128, I went to out local welding shop and bought some sold steel 1x1 and bolted it on. You just have to decided how heavy you want it.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes SnowG liked this post
post #3 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the reply. I was planning on buying some steel as well, but because I will be using a cab, I was planning on putting on the recommended amount of weight which seems to be about 30 lbs.. Basically, I would like to buy a piece of steel the same size as provided in the Toro weight kit, that's why I was asking for the dimensions.
post #4 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdunc View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was planning on buying some steel as well, but because I will be using a cab, I was planning on putting on the recommended amount of weight which seems to be about 30 lbs.. Basically, I would like to buy a piece of steel the same size as provided in the Toro weight kit, that's why I was asking for the dimensions.
I would be careful putting that much weight (30lbs) as you should just put on a few sacks of salt on the front to bring it to 30 lbs. Toro are notorious for their light front but experiment first then commit with steel. I for one on my Ariens 1130DLE added a 24" long X 5" wide X 3/8" thick which gave me approx. 18 lbs and I would not put anymore lest the handles get fatigued from overweight.
Good Luck

Snow Removal Apparatus I own:
Ariens ST1530DLE, and good ole arm powered scrapper.
The 15 HP is a new Ducar engine sold
by Princess Auto in Canada.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Good idea not to commit to that weight with steel until I check it with bags of salt or sand. Thanks. I would still like to get the dimensions of the steel in the weight kit though.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 09:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 87
Likes (Received): 61
I realize the balance on each machine might be different; I put 25 pounds on a Murray snow thrower 8 hp 27 inch width, with a Classic Accessories brand snow cab and it was perfect. It was a little heavy in front with that extra weight but it helped prevent climbing at EOD. Less stressful on my shoulders and pecs because I needed less lifting to keep the front down. For that reason I recommend extra weight beyond what the factory may specify.

BTW I used a stack of old dumbbell weights through-bolted. It wasn't pretty but I had them laying around and it only cost me a few bucks for the large nut/bolt and some plastic or nylon washers. I bedded it with butyl rubber tape that I had on hand.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 4
For what it is worth, the shipping weight from Amazon (figuring most of it is the kit itself ):

Shipping Weight: 34 pounds

Shipping Weight: 17.8 pounds

Last edited by laptopquestions; 11-10-2015 at 11:37 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 315
Likes (Received): 143
If I remember correct it cost me $20.00 for the steel and a little time drilling it and paint.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
post #9 of 16 Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I appreciate all of the suggestions, but as well as the weight, does anyone have the actual length, width, and thickness of the steel plate that comes in the Toro weight kit? Thanks.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdunc View Post
I appreciate all of the suggestions, but as well as the weight, does anyone have the actual length, width, and thickness of the steel plate that comes in the Toro weight kit? Thanks.
Just my two cents on my Ariens machines I always used a 10 pound weight kit, it was not as pricey as the Toro kit. They work well and prevent the machine from riding up on the EOD plow pile. I'm not sure if the Toro kits are heavier because their machines are lighter up front than comparable Ariens two stage machines. I would check Jackssmallengines.com they have a good selection as well as good pricing.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions regarding the dimensions of the Toro weight kit. I would give Toro tech-support a call, I am confident they will be able to provide you with this information.

All the best.

Last edited by Cardo111; 11-11-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in