My first Toro-1128 OXE and Extremely Pleased!! - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-02-2016, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 13
My first Toro-1128 OXE and Extremely Pleased!!

Living in WI I am no stranger to snowblowers and being nearly 50 I have a lot of experience with several different brands. From the old days of the bullet proof John Deere's of the 80's to Snapper to Ariens, and Simplicity. I always stuck with tried and true brands and avoided the cheaper off-brand units.

After a few years of using another quality brand snowblower, I finally got fed up and decided to give Toro a try. Due to the high price of the HD units, I just could not justify spending the extra $$ for a Toro. However I reached a point where it was only quality brand I had not tried and I am glad I made the plunge.

11hp on a 28" housing is AWESOME! This blower never bogged down and can really throw even the wettest heaviest snow. I was literally throwing about 30ft of the wet stuff. I was able to roll straight down the driveway with one hand on the controls and the scraper bar peeled the snow up right down to bare cement-even after I drove over it first! The blower does not jump side to side or spin or run out of power.

I am VERY HAPPY with this snowblower. Being my first Toro purchase-and an expensive on at that-I was nervous about my fist trip out with it. Nor did I want to have to explain to my wife that I did not care for this one either. This one is here to stay. Needless to say, I thoroughly pleased.

Well Done Toro!

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 9 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3832
Likes (Received): 1473
Garage
Nice machine !! Hope you get some more use out of it today !!

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 02-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 84
Thanks (Received): 69
Likes (Given): 301
Likes (Received): 133
Great to hear my 1128 has never bogged down even in 10 in of wet snow it rules our block. How do you like your pivoting scraper bar I ditch mine for a solid one. Now much happer.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
post #4 of 21 Old 02-02-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 13
Since it is brand new and working the way it should I like it. Once it gets corroded and starts giving me trouble I will either have to fix it or replace it with a fixed as you did. I have a newer concrete driveway so I really liked the way it scraped the cement clean. Only my first time out with it but so far I love it.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-02-2016, 10:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 80
Garage
Awesome rig!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	god-this-place-makes-me-frisky_1454470421970.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	77209  

Last edited by SAVAGE420; 02-02-2016 at 10:33 PM.
post #6 of 21 Old 02-03-2016, 09:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 100
Great to hear and good luck

Scott
69 ariens
toro 721r
toro 926 hd oxe
78 powerking 1614/48'' haban snowblower
post #7 of 21 Old 02-03-2016, 12:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1108
MAZEL TOV on that 1.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 21 Old 02-03-2016, 01:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1631
Likes (Received): 571
welcome to team toro and congrats

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #9 of 21 Old 02-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 8
Nice machine! Glad it's making you happy!
post #10 of 21 Old 02-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 10
I have the same machine 11+ years old - purchased fall 2005. I have 81 hours on it over 11 New England winters. I put a record (for me) 17 hours on it last year (winter 14/15) which was a tough winter here even by New England standards.

You will find it is a good machine but you need to keep up on maintenance. I use 5W30 non-synthetic oil and change before each winter. I highly recommend a hour meter (ie Tiny Tach). I replaced the oil drain plug with a 6 in long 1/4 NPT pipe nipple and matching cap so that when I drain the oil it drains into the drain pan and doesnt get all over the place. Be certain to make note of the spark plug type that is installed from the factory and replace with the same exact type. My owners manual listed the wrong spark plug type - perhaps they have corrected that. The factory impeller and auger shear bolts are plain steel and tend to corrode away and when they break within a year or two they will leave you without use of the machine. Keep on hand a spare set of impeller (1/4-20 x 2) and auger (5/16-18 x 2) shear bolts and lock nuts. I use stainless and have not had to replace them since. I also replaced the axle-to-wheel shear bolts (1/4-20 x 2) as well with stainless. I would recommend you replace the factory shear bolts before they fail - the auger shear bolts are especially difficult to remove once corroded. You will also want a spare set of drive belts - especially the auger drive belt. I also upgraded the drive cable adjusting turnbuckles to stainless hardware as well as I have found that they need adjusted every year or so and the factory hardware rusts up in no time. Basically I replaced all fasteners in key maintenance and/or adjustment areas with stainless and inevitably you will need to replace/adjust something at the worst time under the worst conditions. The first year I had it the auger dive belt tensioner spring failed (under warranty) rendering the machine useless and they had to take the machine back and replace it. After that I bought a spare spring but it never failed again.

The main issue I have the my unit at this point is the impeller is a little loose on the shaft and the impeller shaft bearing is probably a bit worn. Thats a PITA job so I have put off replacing it.

Your unit may have some differences so keep that in mind.

Good luck
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page