LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
826 electric start plug

Hi, my 2010 Toro 826 OXE electric start plug has its ground pin pulled out of the socket. Can the plug housing be open and have a new three prong installed or do I need to buy a new plug and starter button unit wired to the starter motor?

Thanks,Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 03:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 4
It should still work okay without it until you get it repaired. A local dealer should either fix it for you or can order the repair part and possibly fix it yourself.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2018, 06:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
on repairing the starter plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eafoxjr View Post
It should still work okay without it until you get it repaired. A local dealer should either fix it for you or can order the repair part and possibly fix it yourself.
================================================== =============================

Hello,

I purchased my Toro 838 model 37777 two years ago. It did not come with an extension cord so I would plug directly into the plug on the Toro...until the ground prong fell off, not broke off. The machine was under the three year warranty but I had no way to transport it to the dealer for repair. I researched the part and found it was part of the complete starter assembly. The dealer said the black box could be cut open and fixed but I opted for replacement. I took my assembly off and waited almost five months for the new one under warranty. I now leave a outdoor extension cord on the machine permanently now. The ground plug is there for a reason, water and shock. It is a safety item that can be bypassed but think about it.

Princess
Neebish Island
Michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page