LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-04-2016, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 14
Finally decided on 721 QZR

I started researching new blowers this time last year and couldn't make up my mind but today I made a decision and will be picking up my new blower in the morning.

Last year my local Toro dealer here in town had a Compact 22 left over from the previous year but I never pulled the trigger. Then this year they came out with the Compact 20 and I was all set to go until I got my old MTD 5/22 out and as usual it started on the first pull and I got to thinking, why am I replacing this, it still works great, so why not get a SS to go with it. I still need to clear part of my yard for my picky dog so I need the two stage plus if we get a really big one I'll be ready.

I decided to go with the Power Clear 721 QZR. I found a Toro dealer 15 miles from where I live that will match the online price at $599. I do have to pay tax and pick it up myself but it will be ready to go when I get there in the morning. My local Toro dealer would only go down to $669, $70 is $70.

I'm looking forward to the weight difference, 86 vs 180.

1996 MTD 5/22
2016 Toro 721 QZR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 366
Likes (Received): 597
Garage
you should be very happy with that ss ! last winter was my first ss experience ever, ( toro ccr 6053) . i bought it with skepticism ...always looked at those ss machines as feather dusters. wow was i wrong ! clearing my deck was once a labor and time intensive task.......now its done before im ready to be done.

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-05-2016, 09:58 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1163
MAZEL TOV there Duffy.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 5 Old 11-05-2016, 02:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 37
Likes (Received): 11
Grats on the 721 you will love it.

2013 Ariens Deluxe 28+ (921034)
2012 Toro Power Clear 621 QZE (38459)
Toro Ultra Eletric Blower Vac (51609)

post #5 of 5 Old 11-05-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 14
First thoughts.

I like how you check the oil, reminds me of the first couple mowers I had (oh man am I really that old), just fill it and stop before it spills out, no hard to read dip sticks. On the other hand what a pain it is to add oil, I'm going to need a new funnel.

Not liking how long its going to take to put a new spark plug in, what should take a couple minutes will probably take a half hour.

I'm glad I spent the extra money to get the Quick Shoot, it really is easy to use. We'll see when its actually cold out if it still is as easy.

1996 MTD 5/22
2016 Toro 721 QZR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page