LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Cool Delete this post / duplicate post

I am new to this forum.....I want to share my experience with owners of older model Troy Bilts.......I own a 1995 circa Troy Bilt 42010. Great machine and by far the best purchase I ever made. It still runs great and is a very solid machine. I recently got the bug to get my hand warmers working again (the last time I remember them working was like 10 yrs ago). So I searched with no luck. Not even any used ones to be had. Now I'm looking at industrial electronic web sites for something that may work. I find a company up north that sells something called an Enclosurer Heater. It sounds like it may work as it runs on 12 VAC/VDC up to 120 Volts as well. I've spent stupid money before so I decided to give it a try as they were only $11.00 each. I removed the old ceramic blocks in the handles and installed the new heaters....and all I can say is AMAZING !! With the engine at operating RPM's, the heaters heat to 210-220 degrees. The way I mounted them in the grips, it sits elevated in the bars and radiates heat at the exact spot the old ceramics were mounted. I can pass the info to anyone who wants to be ambitious and try this themselves (with no liability on my part). Here's a couple of pix........

Last edited by JimsTroyBilt; 01-02-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: duplicate message/please delete this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
Hand Warmers

Hi, I have the same machine and love it. However, my hand warmers stopped working 10 years ago! Could you tell me what parts to purchase and where you got them? Many thanks, Paul
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sanchez View Post
Hi, I have the same machine and love it. However, my hand warmers stopped working 10 years ago! Could you tell me what parts to purchase and where you got them? Many thanks, Paul

This thread should have been deleted. However my other thread has the info your looking for.
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...d-handles.html
Also check out a response on the other thread showing someone found a similar OEM heater online.
Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page