LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Troy-Bilt 2410 Carburetor Help

Please help. Want to replace carburator on my Troy Bilt 2410 (Model#: 31BS6BN2711.) I bought a carb on Amazon that said to be a replacement but it is not. The original has a long plastic stick that engages the choke switch. Anyone know where I can get this carb or if there is a way I can rig the one I purchased to do the job?

THANKS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 190
Garage

Let's back up a bit and tell us what the issue seems to be with the original carb. How old is the 2410?

Might be a matter of running a high concentration of carb cleaner

Regards, Ted
Current & Past Fleet:
2017 Husqvarna ST224 (SOLD)
2014 Troy-Bilt 2410 w/ Briggs & Stratton 305cc Engine
2003 Ariens ST824LE (SOLD)
1999 Toro PowerShift 824 w/ 318cc OHV Tecumseh Engine
1988 Toro 521 w/ 212cc Predator Engine
1985 Toro 3521 w/ 179cc Powermore Engine (SOLD)
post #3 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 2778
Likes (Received): 502
Hello and welcome to SBF steve. If the carb appears to be identical to the original one, you may be able to just switch the shafts between the two carbs. I couldn't find what motor you are using to offer a better alternative, sorry.

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 421-QZE (38585) 2008

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
post #4 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 243
the 2410 I believe has a 179cc engine, Will do a little search to see what I can find

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #5 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
pics would help of both old and new. and what was prob w/old carb

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 02:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 2778
Likes (Received): 502
If you do have a small bore engine, these two manuals will help with future repairs.

MTD small bore service manual-
http://service.mtdproducts.com/Training_Education/769_04015_01_Small_bore_horizontal.pdf

MTD carb identification chart-
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-g4TpKUJnh7U2lOcjgwN2JodEU

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 421-QZE (38585) 2008

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #7 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpenfield View Post

Let's back up a bit and tell us what the issue seems to be with the original carb. How old is the 2410?

Might be a matter of running a high concentration of carb cleaner
Thanks for the responses thus far.

So basically, I bought this Storm 2410 from Lowe's a little over a year ago. This is the first gas powered blower I have ever owned so basically, I didn't know very much about using it. I left the gasoline in there all summer without stabilizer. When I tried to turn the blower on following our first snowfall, I primed it and pressed the electric start. It made the typical engine noise; however, it never turned over or started. I looked in some forums that suggest that my problem is the carburetor. Apparently, from what I've read, with the quality of today's gas you can pretty much ruin a carburetor by leaving old gas in the tank for only a month or two.

If running carb cleaner might do the trick, I am willing to do that. Someone also told me that another possibility would be to be the carburetor once removed and a bath of carb cleaner.

Once again, I appreciate any kind of input; and I'm also going to include a link to a website that has the carburetor that replaces the one in my 2410 ( https://mowerpartsnation.com/product...711-carburetor ). Unfortunately, the item is out of stock. As far as just replacing the shaft, that does not seem to be a possibility as it runs right down into the chokeplate and all seems to be one piece.

thanks, and I eagerly await your input.
post #8 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyal View Post
Thanks for the responses thus far.

So basically, I bought this Storm 2410 from Lowe's a little over a year ago. This is the first gas powered blower I have ever owned so basically, I didn't know very much about using it. I left the gasoline in there all summer without stabilizer. When I tried to turn the blower on following our first snowfall, I primed it and pressed the electric start. It made the typical engine noise; however, it never turned over or started. I looked in some forums that suggest that my problem is the carburetor. Apparently, from what I've read, with the quality of today's gas you can pretty much ruin a carburetor by leaving old gas in the tank for only a month or two.

If running carb cleaner might do the trick, I am willing to do that. Someone also told me that another possibility would be to be the carburetor once removed and a bath of carb cleaner.

Once again, I appreciate any kind of input; and I'm also going to include a link to a website that has the carburetor that replaces the one in my 2410 ( https://mowerpartsnation.com/product...711-carburetor ). Unfortunately, the item is out of stock. As far as just replacing the shaft, that does not seem to be a possibility as it runs right down into the chokeplate and all seems to be one piece.

thanks, and I eagerly await your input.
BTW, here's a link to the carburetor that I actually bought that does not fit the 2410: https://www.partstree.com/parts/troy...ts/951-14026a/
post #9 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Here are the two side by side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180101_121538.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	122409  
post #10 of 33 Old 01-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
the one on the left is for the newer revision 2410 with the 208cc engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page