post #1 of 3 Old 02-25-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
Troy Bilt 2410 Storm

Hi Everyone,

Picked this up yesterday for a great deal, only $149! The guy didn't want to mess with it, as it had a broken recoil. I simply drained all the bad gas out of the tank, as well as the carb (it was yellow and nasty, clearly they didn't do maintenance). The oil was pretty bad too so I went ahead and changed that out. All I had to do was connect an extension cord, and she fired right up! Very happy to get this for this price. I've inspected everything else including the belts and underneath shaft/gears, everything is ok.

The only thing I would like to do, is in the spring maybe repaint the scoup, auguer, and impeller. There is rust starting on the edges of all of those pieces. Is the easiest thing to just grind it off and repaint those small sections? Or should I repaint everything? Was going to pick up some of that Krylon Farm Equipment Red Paint and touch it up, or repaint the whole thing is necessary. I'm going to have to disassemble and remove the auger and impeller so I can get to the rusted areas.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-25-2019, 11:11 AM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 887
Likes (Received): 208
Garage
I think you did pretty good! She needs a little lovin' but I think she will treat you well. Nice find for this time of year!

Wake me up when the snow's done...
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
Thanks so much Gibbs! I thought the same thing! Couldn't believe he was practically giving it away for $149, just because of a broken recoil! (Hello! It has Electric Start! LOL).

I'm thinking as soon as it gets warm, I'll power wash it, then disassemble the chute, auger, and impeller. I'll take my angle grinder to the rusted areas, as well as use a Flapdisk. Not sure whether to repaint the entire thing or just hit the areas that are rusted? Which are mainly on the edges???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in