post #1 of 13 Old 09-08-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 2
Engine oil drain bolt size?

Hello everyone,

I purchased a YT624 last week, and I'm thinking about installing a Drainzit engine oil drain hose on it. However I'm having difficulty finding information on the size of the bolt and threads?

Has anyone installed a Drainzit on their Yamaha? Any idea on the size of the engine oil drain bolt?

Thanks for any info.

PS. Im really looking forward to trying my new machine out, my previous machine was a Honda HS622, so the 624 is quite the upgrade!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
to SBF Arpinski

You could always try calling a Yamaha dealer or emailing Drainzit.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-10-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Hey Kiss4aFrog,

Thanks for the advice.... I've already tried a Yamaha dealer and Drainzit.... neither were very helpful finding the bolt size.

I was able to get the part number for the bolt from the dealer, (95022-10016, bolt, flange), however I haven't tried searching it yet.

Cheers
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks BCCJWC thanked for this post
Likes BCCJWC liked this post
post #4 of 13 Old 09-10-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Well, just in case anyone else is interested, it appears that the oil drain bolt is 10mm x 1.5 thread.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks dbert thanked for this post
post #5 of 13 Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpinski View Post
Well, just in case anyone else is interested, it appears that the oil drain bolt is 10mm x 1.5 thread.
Thank You, please confirm when you get it rigged up.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-11-2017, 03:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 94
Quote:
10MM? better have it good and hot before you try to drain it.

real world today,most shops don't pull the drain plugs.some motors don't have one any more .like the kawasaki on my walk behind they use a suction pump drop the hose down the fill tube or hole of a warm engine suction out the oil like http://www.liquivac.com/
or have to tilt the engine over into a drain

Last edited by 10953; 09-11-2017 at 03:36 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-11-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Personaly, if I found out a shop was sucking out the oil instead of draining it properly (assuming there is a drain bolt/hole on the engine), I think I would avoid them. How the heck can they 'suck out' all of the foreign material that settles to the bottom of the crank case? Doesn't seem likely.

Having said that, my weed wacker uses the oil fill hole as both fill and drain.... wouldn't want to do that with a 250lb tracked snow blower though! Imagine having to tip it over every time?!? Anyway not an issue on the YT624, as it does have a drain bolt/hole.

It's a good idea to warm up the engine before draining the oil, guess a Drainzit should help with making things that much easier. I have one on order, and will confirm it's fitment when I get a chance to install it.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by Arpinski; 09-11-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Clarification
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #8 of 13 Old 09-12-2017, 07:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Personaly, if I found out a shop was sucking out the oil instead of draining it properly (assuming there is a drain bolt/hole on the engine), I think I would avoid them. How the heck can they 'suck out' all of the foreign material that settles to the bottom of the crank case? Doesn't seem likely.

Having said that, my weed wacker uses the oil fill hole as both fill and drain.... wouldn't want to do that with a 250lb tracked snow blower though! Imagine having to tip it over every time?!? Anyway not an issue on the YT624, as it does have a drain bolt/hole.

It's a good idea to warm up the engine before draining the oil, guess a Drainzit should help with making things that much easier. I have one on order, and will confirm it's fitment when I get a chance to install it.

Thanks for the comments.
i can understand your feeling of tilting over a snow blower, impossible, that's why they have drain plugs, tool less fittings or extended drains.

my tilt it over is a kawasaki on on cub cadet, there the shop manual even states tilt over to drain,or suction out, just like many lower priced store lawn mowers. this is more a epa thing to help waste oil go where it cleanly belongs and recycled!! the days of drain plugs are going BY-BY!! get used to it.

as to the suction way, if you look at where a drain plug sits on a lot of machines,it is above the oil pans lowest spot. again i take my lt1050's cubs 25 hp twin kohler into account, there is always about a half quart left when i refill it, after using the tool less drain, the drain is above the lowest part of the pan, still makes one jack one side of the machine up to use it , yet if i suction it out when the engine has been prerun to heat the oil to about 100 degs, the suction tube is all the way down into the pan bottom and i refill with the 2 qt spec.

oil change wise take a IO or full inboard in a boat, How do the marine techs change the oil?? SUCTION!! it's the only way save some brands that have a hose in the pan that pulls out of the hulls drain when the boat is out of the water, again there is oil left over in the pan, suction again the tube reaches all the way down into the pan, what ever is down there comes out, not left behind some baffle in a cast pan like on many small engines today,

when the cat service center comes in to service the twin cat c15 acrerts in my 48 foot ocean ss boat. they suction out the 36 qts in each motor ,same with the marina that services my 23 searay's 454 IO, while in the water, suction!

your 4 stroke weedwacker. yes i know they have that red screw in plug that serves both drain and fill, since the machine is so small the only way possible . what else can be done,pickup the tool tilt on end drain out the 6 or 8 ounces ,refill

again i was a auto ase gold master tech, what we did 30.40 and 50 years ago ,is no longer is correct,
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #9 of 13 Old 09-14-2017, 01:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na...k-and-add.html
new brigs motors no more oil changes any more just check and add
post #10 of 13 Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 powershift View Post
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na...k-and-add.html
new brigs motors no more oil changes any more just check and add
Such a disposable society these businesses are creating, No matter what they do or design into any engine, the oil additives WILL eventually break down and the oil will not do the job as intended. Yes the designs do help the oil to last much longer but to NEVER change it. Well like the snow blowers that are 30+ yrs old and still running strong. These new engines won't ever get to be that old and usable on the machines we can buy today in 30 yrs from now.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
Likes Arpinski liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page