LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-11-2018, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Yamaha YS624 Price?

I am looking at a non-running YS624. Pictures are attached. They are asking $350. What do you think is a good price in its current condition and then in Nov/Dec in running condition?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00A0A_7dLbZL7t60Y_1200x900.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	145417   Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_7mTWi5ZU5Wd_1200x900.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	145419   Click image for larger version

Name:	00V0V_7WNQPjKS7vt_1200x900.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	145421  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 353
Likes (Received): 582
Garage
it looks like it would clean up ok.....but why is it non-running ? and its hard to tell from the pics, .....are the bottom edges worn off the bucket ? serrations gone off the augers ? if its not a toothless yammy, and it just needs a carb kit to run ( right), i would pay the asking price ! if the bucket and augers are worn , id offer a whole lot less and fix it for personal use . jmo

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks sr73087 thanked for this post
post #3 of 20 Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Guy said it ran 2 years back. It sounds like he just let it sit. Seems like an older guy. He said he is selling it because he purchased a new blower.
post #4 of 20 Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 625
Thanks (Received): 152
Likes (Given): 912
Likes (Received): 972
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr73087 View Post
Guy said it ran 2 years back. It sounds like he just let it sit. Seems like an older guy. He said he is selling it because he purchased a new blower.
are those augers supposed to have serrations like they do on Honda's??? we have a member here named YSHSfan that knows these machines rather well but I think he is taking the offseason off from here. just like mentioned before, check the bottom of the bucket for damage and if it is maybe the augers are ground down which takes most of the value away in my opinion.

a Yamaha is a rare species in my neck of the woods. I would clean it up if not too damaged and clean out the carb, service it , etc and it would go for 2-3 times what he is asking during a snowstorm around here. depends on damage and further inspection.

I would offer 250 ( unless the bottom of bucket and augers are damaged ) I would also make sure the tranny was working thru all the gears.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #5 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Ok so I picked it up for $250 last night. Bucket looked good, didn't see shoes on it though, not sure if it came with them. The auger did not look to have serrations like my Hondas do (HS55 and HS80). The other issues I noticed was a broken sheer pin on one side (no biggie) and what looked like some epoxy on the top of the tank, hopefully it holds fuel fine. Unit feels to have decent compression and has spark. There was fuel up to the carb inlet above the pump, not sure if there was fuel to the standalone "jet" on the engine side of the carb (see pics). What is this jet's purpose? However, there was no fuel in the carb bowl. Clogged inlet on the carb or sticking float? Carb looks pretty dirty/rusty inside but I haven't pulled it completely apart yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedIMG_5660_LI.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	145495  
post #6 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Not sure why I couldn't attach the other pic on the last post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedIMG_5659_LI.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	145497  
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes jrom liked this post
post #7 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 10:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 152
Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
==============================================
For Orangeputeh, These beautiful models did not have serrated teeth originally when they were first introduced.
==============================================
Plan on changing the fuel lines as they are always suspect and degrade over time.
I have a link in one of my posts to a Yamaha Dealer in Pennsylvania that has lots and lots of parts for old and new yamaha machines and you should chat with them.

If I remember correctly what another SBF member said you can replace the tracks with smaller Honda tracks.

You should also become a member of the Yamaha snow blower forum to learn more about your beautiful snow blower. there is no charge to become a member of that forum either.

if you can have the carburator dipped in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean it that will help you a lot another option would be to soak it in a deep bowl filled with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide for 24-48 hours.

Pipe cleaners should help you quite a bit when cleaning out the jets and fuel lines if they are metal.

Last edited by leonz; 06-14-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: stuff/spelling and punctuation corrections
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks jrom, sr73087 thanked for this post
Likes jrom, aldfam4 liked this post
post #8 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
What does that secondary jet outside the carb actually do? I haven't seen that in any other blowers or other lawn equipment.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 152
Most of them have 2 jets for low idle and high idle as far as I know but as most of my work was with large air cooled diesels it proved to me that indirect injection diesels are the simplest to own and operate all the way down to the Duetz 2 cylinder engines.
post #10 of 20 Old 06-16-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Pulled the carb apart this morning and found a bunch of rust in the bowl, was able to get 95% of it out. Main jet was clogged as well as pilot jet, they came out and cleaned up nice . Tube below the main jet did not want to move even after spraying it with penetrating oil. Just sprayed the crap out of it with carb cleaner and did not want to mess with it since I do not see the replacement part for that available. Only other concern was the needle valve being alittle worn, but it seemed to seal when physically blowing through the fuel inlet and raising and loweing the float. Ordered a few new gaskets that were damaged or missing. Hopefully this thing fires up after $40 in overpriced parts.

Last edited by sr73087; 06-16-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page