post #1 of 26 Old 09-13-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
YS624 for Sale - Grand Rapids, MI

Hello Everyone,

I have a YS624 for sale. I purchased a house and the previous owner left it in the garage. He left gas in the tank and it won't start. I have both original keys. I purchased a Cub Cadet because I can't get anyone to work on it locally. I'm asking $200 which based on other forums here, seems to be a fair asking price. I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI and whoever wants it would need to arrange transportation. I'm not mechanically inclined, I prefer electronics, so I have no idea if it has any other issues besides having the gas left in it. I can take more pictures if you have specific questions. I can tell you it has the metal gas tank, not the plastic one, and as you can see from the picture it has the tracks, not the wheels. It does NOT have the headlight on it, but it does have the wiring for it. Also, you can shift through all the gears with no issue, as I've read sometimes those stick. If you have any other questions, please post a message here or send me a message and I will answer as much as I know. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tracks.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	146697   Click image for larger version

Name:	auger.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	146699   Click image for larger version

Name:	handle.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	146701  
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks tdipaul thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 09-13-2018, 03:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 152
That is going to be a hard sell with the augers worn than much.
post #3 of 26 Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 374
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
Thumbs up

$200 is definitely a fair price. Tracks seem in pretty good condition. Augers look worn but not that bad. Shifting easy thru the gears is a plus. Body doesn't look badly rusted and rust inside auger housing is not terrible.

Good luck with the sale (if it was in my area I probably wouldn't hesitate on grabbing it).
post #4 of 26 Old 09-13-2018, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I already have my Cub Cadet so this is more of a clean out the garage and hope someone can get some use out of it before this winter sale. I know it's hard to find parts for them, but you can also interchange Honda stuff. That's mostly from reading here. I'll leave this post up for a little while since I know there's a lot of people on the site who are snowblower mechanic hobbyist people. I didn't list it on Craigslist or anything. I'm always open to "fair" offers but this isn't a barnburner item for me.
post #5 of 26 Old 09-13-2018, 09:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
Seems like a fair price for what it is right now, especially if it runs. Why are the shear pins protruding?
You may have to wait a couple months for any interest.
post #6 of 26 Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I have no idea what shear pins are. I purchased my house from an older couple that was ready to leave Michigan and retire to Arizona and he left everything in the garage. Table saws, lawn mower, snowblower, just a bunch of stuff. This thing has never run. He left gas in it, which from what i've read, makes you need to clean the fuel lines and carburetor. I listed it early in case someone was looking for a project they could fix before the snow comes. I can't get any shop locally to work on it.
post #7 of 26 Old 09-14-2018, 04:32 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 353
Likes (Received): 582
Garage
If you can deliver......i will pay the full asking price !!

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nwcove; 09-14-2018 at 06:00 PM.
post #8 of 26 Old 09-14-2018, 06:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 354
Likes (Received): 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchriste View Post
Seems like a fair price for what it is right now, especially if it runs. Why are the shear pins protruding?

Looks to me like they were replaced with regular, extra-long bolts.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #9 of 26 Old 09-15-2018, 06:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
more than likely all it needed was to clean the carb, minimal tools or knowledge needed and some carb clean spray, plenty of vids on howto and this forum to ask

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 26 Old 09-15-2018, 07:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 241
Likes (Received): 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonamy76 View Post
I have no idea what shear pins are. I purchased my house from an older couple that was ready to leave Michigan and retire to Arizona and he left everything in the garage. Table saws, lawn mower, snowblower, just a bunch of stuff. This thing has never run. He left gas in it, which from what i've read, makes you need to clean the fuel lines and carburetor. I listed it early in case someone was looking for a project they could fix before the snow comes. I can't get any shop locally to work on it.
Thank you for posting this rare machine for sale on this site. You didn't have to.

While in need of some work, the price is still not out of whack.

No need to nit-pick the Seller fella's

1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5/24)
1983 Craftsman FF20 plow tractor

Last edited by tdipaul; 09-15-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes dbert liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in