LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
YS1028J Shear Bolts?

Does anyone have the exact part number and dimensions for the Yamaha YS1028J Shear bolts. I am trying to find some online locally (Ottawa/Gatineau area in Canada). I know they are 1/4" with full thread and are about 1" or so. I found some longer ones at Home Depot made for a different brand but I have to cut them manually. Getting them from Yamaha seems pretty pricy and I run through these pretty fast. Any source online for those (outside of Yamaha dealerships)?
Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Canadian Tire had the exact same that came with the Yamaha eventhough the Yamaha brand wasn't listed on the back of the package. Now I'm not sure about the shear factor on these but they seemed to work for mine. They have a flanged head if I remember right. Something like this.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SHEAR-PIN-AN...u9K:rk:17:pf:0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Canadian Tire had the exact same that came with the Yamaha eventhough the Yamaha brand wasn't listed on the back of the package. Now I'm not sure about the shear factor on these but they seemed to work for mine. They have a flanged head if I remember right. Something like this.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SHEAR-PIN-AN...u9K:rk:17:pf:0

Thank you Coby7, I will try Canadian Tire tonight. I think the Huskvarna shear pins they sell will fit my YS1028J (they might be a little longer but they are 1/4"x1-11/16". Canadian Tire part number: 60-3749 at $9.99 for 6 bolts. I just paid almost that much for 2 Laser generic bolts are Home Depot...

Thanks for the tip!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
How did that work out for you?

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #5 of 5 Old 01-13-2019, 04:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 19
I paid about $2.35 per shear bolt at my local Yamaha dealer during the rebuild, I've never had to replace one yet in the past 4 winters. I noticed the Husqvarna at Canadian Tire were nearly identical if not the same. though I haven't compared the length to be 100% certain.

YAMAHA YS624 |
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page