post #1 of 7 Old 02-10-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Yamaha YS624 chute turn problem

Hi again.

I have discussed this one earlier, and tried spraying some CRC white grease lubricant between the Teflon collar and chute. But it still wont turn with the turn handle.

I made three videos about the problem.

First only turning the handle, no teeth from turn axle attached. There seems to be some play on the first joint:

Second is turning the chute with hand, no teeth from turn axle attached. It seems to get stuck on the middle (blowing snow forward) position:

Third is with turn axle theet engaged. It goes almost all right frfom turning the blower from right to left ( looking from the user position) but going back from left to right, it just gets stuck. And I must use force to get it move, and I fear something will break.

I cleaned all the white grease from all surfaces so now it is only the teflon collar contacting the chute base.

Is there anyway to fix this, it's really getting frustrating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2019, 03:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
Regarding the u-joint binding (first video): I have placed washers under the cotter pin just above the joints to move the joint upward and thereby reduce the joint angles and resultant binding.

Regarding the chute binding: I don't know but would suspect something is assembled wrong
post #3 of 7 Old 02-13-2019, 03:39 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Or you may have a damaged tooth on the ring from an impact.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
I may have solved the problem. I put one steel washer under each 4 fasteners that keep the chute in place. So now the tefflon pads won't push so hard to the base ring of the chute.

I also used some cold weather grease on the bottom of the ring. Will post results tonight.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Something is wrong there. The teflon pads each have a spring clip between them and the hold-down plate. This spring takes up the assembled GAP between the chute collar and the hold-downs. The hold-down/pad can never clamp down firmly on the chute collar.

Are the two anti-rotation "ears" on the the plastic chute collar fully seated in their slots? Is the chute base bent? Are the spring clips installed upside-down so their tips are digging into the pads?
post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2019, 03:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Here's a picture of what I meant about adding washers to keep the u-joint properly aligned so it doesn't bind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8192.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	153635  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-17-2019, 10:12 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 19
CP's recommendation will most likely solve your problem. From the video you can see the multilink u-joint is binding due to the sharp angles. Add a little friction/tension from the chute and you lost the little play you did have at the worm drive for the U-Joint to slip around to push forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190217_114033_1550416335930.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	153667   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190217_113825_1550416355108.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	153669  

YAMAHA YS624 |
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in