Ys1028JA disappointment - Page 3 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 Old 06-22-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Bonjour, wow lots of information, I noticed the damaged housing, I just assumed the scraper was supposed to be on the inside. I'll keep you updated once I know more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old 06-24-2019, 12:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 153
Bonjour kidastra,

Do you have any news as yet????

I hope that they replace the tracks for you as they should not look like that after one season.

I cannot believe that the electromagnetic clutch for this beautiful snow blower is causing you problems
But as it seems the track drive system for your 1028 is also an issue due to the tractor tread damage
from slippage.

The track rubber certainly looks different on your snow blower compared to the rubber tracks on the 2017 models as there was no ribbing on the tractor tread base rubber between the treads.

Would you mind taking a photo image of that beautiful snow blower with the hood off??
Mon Ami, (My friend) she should not be too embarrassed as the Resident Snowblower Medecins(Doctors)
here are only interested in maintaining the health of that beautiful snow blower.

Je, nous(I, We) look forward to hearing from you about the visit to the Yamaha dealer as Elle should not
be sick like this in any case.

I hope that they repair son (her) at no charge to you as elle (she) should not look like that.

Leon
post #23 of 40 Old 06-24-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
it's still at the dealer, won't know anything until they call, snowblower is not the priority, and i gave them all summer
post #24 of 40 Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 200
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 551
Likes (Received): 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonz View Post
Bonjour kidastra,

Do you have any news as yet????

I hope that they replace the tracks for you as they should not look like that after one season.

I cannot believe that the electromagnetic clutch for this beautiful snow blower is causing you problems
But as it seems the track drive system for your 1028 is also an issue due to the tractor tread damage
from slippage.

The track rubber certainly looks different on your snow blower compared to the rubber tracks on the 2017 models as there was no ribbing on the tractor tread base rubber between the treads.

Would you mind taking a photo image of that beautiful snow blower with the hood off??
Mon Ami, (My friend) she should not be too embarrassed as the Resident Snowblower Medecins(Doctors)
here are only interested in maintaining the health of that beautiful snow blower.

Je, nous(I, We) look forward to hearing from you about the visit to the Yamaha dealer as Elle should not
be sick like this in any case.

I hope that they repair son (her) at no charge to you as elle (she) should not look like that.

Leon
To the original poster and Leonz, in post #12 on this thread, picture #1 shows the the belly pan area lower on the left side than the right side, guessing in the area of a 1/4" to 1/2". Never had a track system so take this information with caution. Could this cause problems for kidastra?

Jack of all trades, Master of none!
Ariens - 924086 - ST1028
Craftsman - 88934 - 10HP 28"
Toro - CCR 3650
Toro - CCR 2000
post #25 of 40 Old 06-26-2019, 10:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Good morning Aldfam,

I can see what you are referring and it looks weird at first simply due to the fact that there is a collar on the inside of the driven sprocket on the right side.

The picture image is not centered and I believe that that is why it looks like that as our fellow member from Quebec was holding that beautiful snow blower up with his left arm and hand and using his right arm to use his smart phone to take the picture image.

I do not remember if both sides have a removable locking pin or not but I believe only one side does have the removable pin. to turn that beautiful snowblower leaving one track to move separately and the opposing track as locked.

I had hoped to see steering brakes on this years model as they have them on the units sold in Europe from what I have seen.

Last edited by leonz; 06-26-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: stuff
post #26 of 40 Old 06-26-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
leaned on handles to take pics, pin on both sides
post #27 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
got news finally, tracks not warranty, seems like the auger will be though. Think i'll sell it maybe
post #28 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Well, if that is the case I would trade it in on a 1332 at another dealer after they fix and they put the scraper bar on the outside where it is supposed to be for you and getting the new cross auger housing installed which also needs to be done and if they start whining you can tell them that you will call Yamaha Canada first and the attorney general David Lametti in Ottowa second as whoever put that thing together was either high or drunk or just knew nothing about snow blowers.

OH, and by the way you have plenty of life left in those tracks. you only replace them when the lugs are gone.

Last edited by leonz; 08-03-2019 at 07:49 PM.
post #29 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 08:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 154
have you tried contacting someone higher up at yamaha? if tracks are that worn after 1 season of lite used there must definitely be something wrong with the quality of the tracks or whoever set the machine up at the dealer/factory screwed up.

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #30 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
they claim it is from rocks, i'm a service manager at a car dealership, calling higher doesn't ever help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page