Snowblower Forum banner

The new Yamaha YT624

150K views 308 replies 66 participants last post by  Coby7 
#1 · (Edited)
The new Yamaha YT624EJ

The new Yamaha YT624EJ (YT660E metric name)The "EJ" doesn't show anywhere on the machine only on the website. Don't know what it stands for.

Here are a few pictures of my new YT624 just delivered. I believe it has new features like shrouding and many new little changes.

The console is now all heavy black plastic so you can't scratch the paint when moving levers. Fuel tank is also black now.

Right side.

Left Side.

Front and Auger.

Rear and linkage.

Auger close up, notice only one sheer bolt now on impeller shaft.

Teflon sheild inside shoot

And a few more pictures with different focus points.

Model name YT624
Overall lenght 1468 mm ( 57.8 in )
Overall height 1108 mm ( 43.62 in )
Overall width 621 mm ( 24.45 in )
Weight 112 kg ( 247 lbs )
Snow blowing capacity 35 T (77175 lbs )/h
Snow clearing width 615 mm ( 24.21 in )
Snow blowing distance 15 m ( 591 in ) ( 50 ft)
Snow blowing system Dual-stage auger blower
Chute rotation 220°
Driving system Endless rubber crawler
Transmission HST
Forward and reverse speed 0-3.2km/h ( 0-2 mph ), 0-2.4km/h ( 0-1.5 mph )
Engine type Air-cooled, 4-stroke OHV, single-cylinder, forward-inclined gasoline engine
Displacement 171 cmÂł
Maximum output 3.5kW (4.8 PS )/3600rpm*
Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline
Fuel tank capacity 4.5 liters ( 1.19US gal, 1 imp gal )
Lubrication system Wet pump ( forced spray type )
Recommended engine oil Yamalube SAE 5W-30, API Service SE type or higher
Engine oil quantity 0.6 liter ( .63 US qt, .53 Imp qt )
Recommended transmission (HST) oil Diesel engine oil SAE 10W-30, class CD or higher
Transmission (HST) oil quantity 0.92 liter ( .97 US qt, .81 Imp qt )
Starting method Recoil or electric starter
Spark plug NGK BPR4ES
Spark plug gap 0.7-0.8 mm ( 0.028-0.031 in )
Recommended worm case oil SAE 10W-30 engine oil
Worm case oil quantity 0.05 liter ( .053 US qt, .044 Imp qt )
Battery type YTX14-BS
Battery capacity 12Volt, 12Ah
Track slack 11-16 mm( 0.43-0.63 in )( when pressed by 15 kgf (11 lbf ) force )
Auger V-belt BANDO W800 SB-36 or Mitsuboshi LB-36 Super gold 1000
Drive V-belt BANDO W800 SA-29 or Mitsuboshi LA-29 Super gold 1000
Work light LED
Fuse capacity 20 amp ( blade-type fuse )
Auger shear bolt Kit Yamaha part # 7T0-W008A-00-00

* The power rating of the engine indicated in the specifications is the net power output tested on an engine model and measured at 3600 rpm.
Actual power output for the engine installed in the snowblower will vary depending on numerous factors, including the operating speed of the engine, environmental conditions and other variables.

Click here to view the snowblower service manual.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mq7qoye8g1u90s1/AADIS0tdxxBGKevjidXaeUBZa?dl=0

Click here to view the engine service manual.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbjdwa8ufukamg3/AAAuUyFp-hqhrkvJA96YMD22a?dl=0

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Haven't they settled that litigation yet? Something about measuring hp at Auger for Yamaha instead of engine HP. I think that was behind it. 624 with a Yamaha stands for 6hp@ Auger and 24 for the width in inches where with an MTD 6 would have meant engine horsepower and they cried foul on the Yamaha designation for unfair practice. Because it threw snow quite better than the MTD 8hp at the time.

That's why the exact same yamaha snowblower was renamed the second year from YS524 to YS624. My YS524 actually had both designation on it. YS524 on the nameplate decal and YS624 on the actual model number plate that had the serial number.

#6 ·
That is a beautiful machine, and makes me envious of my neighbors to the north.

#9 ·
I ran an ancient (~20 years old) YS-828 last year and it was really quiet compared to the even older (~35 years old) 8HP Tecumseh I had before it. I believe the Yammie was also quieter than the Honda I have now. So in my limited experience with Yamahas I have to agree, they're pretty quiet.

#12 ·
I'm posting simply to say....I'm jealous!!! In a good way! I love that machine! And your post has more information on this unit than can be found anywhere else on line right now! Gorgeous machine, dead easy to man handles....the impeller sounds like a small plane taking off. It's all sex and beast IMHO a of course.

Great purchase! Now for some videos :)

#13 ·
Very nice!! Honda doesn't have a "624" anymore.. Honda's is the 7HP or 724 and below is the 6HP or 622. This Yamaha fits right in the middle..

I did find a lot of nice attention to detail in your pictures.. And the price point is pretty interesting...

HSS62TCS - $2,069
YT624TJ - $2,599
HSS724TCD - $3,499
HSS928TCD - $3,899

I am very tempted to look at the Yamaha because my Honda is getting tired and if I'm going to sping $2,000 I'll seriously look at the Yammy...

Awesome machine!
Have lots of fun blowing the white stuff... :)

#15 ·
One difference between your old YS and new YT Coby is that the new Yami's are running on the hydro drive compared to the friction disc of your YS. So before you go beating on those poor Honda guys with the HS928's (tongue in cheek) better be sure your new Yami stands the 20+ year test of time. I have a 28+ year old HS80 that still runs like a top. That said, I would still kill for an old YS624 in decent shape...my personal snowblower Holy Grail:cool:.

Found this video of the new YT624 in action...ridiculously impressive to say the least:

#18 · (Edited)
For those who said Yamaha never made a 524 I found pictures of my old 524 if people are interessed. You will also notice the mid-year nameplate reads 624 to please the MTD folks and to try to avoid conflict. Also Yamaha blue is a bit faded lol

#19 ·
Coby, that is a beautiful machine you have and I never noticed the serrated scraper bar before. Looks like a nice innovation for help with compacted snow removal. Good luck with it.

#21 · (Edited)
I just did a temporary install of the Battery minder cable. I still need to study where would be the best place for it. I think any seasonnal machine with a battery should come with this plug-in, afterall these run 4 months of the year.

#22 ·
Like I said, I was going to figure out a better place for my batterry minder connector. It was right there in front of my eyes. There is a trapdoor for the oil spout so you don't have to remove the shroud when you want to check the oil.

Perfect place to tuck it away when you don't need it. Out of outdoor elements way.

Just finger fish it when you need it.

#25 · (Edited)
The other day I saw people building dollies for their snow blowers on here. So today since I had a piece of treated Âľ" plywood left over from a previous project I decided to tackle this. Well didn't get far until back pain struck me down but got as far as cutting platform to size and installing 4 casters. Tomorrow after physio I'll tackle the ramp part and maybe painting if my back holds up.

#28 ·
That is a good ideal.

It was asked somewhere else about moving the tracked blowers when the engine is off. Is there some setting on the machine that will allow the tracks to sort of free wheel when you push it around in the garage? I never operated a tracked blower.
Is that the reason your building the dolly for it or do you just want to gt it up off the floor?
How about drilling some drain holes and installing a drip pan to catch the water after it melts down?
Sort of like a refrigerator's defrosting drip pan? :)

Love that color Blue. (thumbs up)
Needs some pin striping. :D

I wonder why they don't sell them down here in the Sates?