LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
Colby, yt624

I find my new yt 624 bower,pulls a little to left side when tracks are engaged, my honda 928 had side skids and rear skids and read that rear skids on blowers can cause that, so when I took rear skids off the 928 honda she was fine with just the front side skids and never pulled either way but straight, theres not enough space to put side skids on the buckets on the new yamahas because the augers are to close and bolts would hit off the auger, same problem I had when I put the bucket extension on, the bolts on sides of lower part were striking the auger ,had to use real small head bolts so it would'nt strike the auger, wondering now if the left rear skid may be adjusted down a bit further then the right rear skid however they look even but never measured it yet to see,anyone else run into this with just rear skids on the blowers

Last edited by chaulky45; 02-23-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Maybe you're pushing down to much on the front. The front of the track should not be off the ground, this defiets the purpose of tracks. Mine never pulled because I added in-line skate wheels each side of the housing right from the beginning. (My best mod)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Maybe you're pushing down to much on the front. The front of the track should not be off the ground, this defiets the purpose of tracks. Mine never pulled because I added in-line skate wheels each side of the housing right from the beginning. (My best mod)

I saw that on your pics before ,where did you get the wheels
post #4 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 01:37 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Amazon.ca 78mm asphalt and cement roller skate wheels with dual bearings.

post #5 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Amazon.ca 78mm asphalt and cement roller skate wheels with dual bearings.
Ok thanks, ill look it up
post #6 of 16 Old 02-23-2016, 04:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I may have a complete extra set here if you can't find them!

I do, just need the 2 M8 SS bolts and 4 SS M8 fender washers

You might want 80mm and a different rubber compound if you're on gravel .

Last edited by Coby7; 02-23-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes snowjoke liked this post
post #7 of 16 Old 02-24-2016, 08:46 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 5
HI! Chaulky and Coby. I guess I am now officially joining the Yt624ej club. I dropped the hammer on a new Yt 624 last week. I was able to “test drive” it in the 50 cm of snow that fell in Ottawa. Wow! The machine has some serious power for a “little” 6hp engine. While I was having fun with the 624 they were using a couple of 1028s to clear the parking lot. I had to do my best to avoid them since they had some serious discounts on those units. The 1028s are super quiet and have serious power, but I’m sure they would be overkill for my situation. I Haven’t tried my 624 very much in my own driveway yet. I am planning to do the Coby Skate wheel mod today since the 15-30cm of white stuff looks like its going to be 15-30mm of clear stuff. I sure hope the power stays on, so the boss doesn’t tell me that I should have bought a generator instead I managed to buy the stainless hardware at a specialty hardware store but, I had a tough time sourcing the wheels until I found them at a Canadian Tire store. I was only able to find 76mm wheels, but I think they will be okay because that results in my machine being only 1mm (.040”) lower than Coby’s. I think it’s a great mod. Now I’ll be looking to sell my 2012 Honda 928TAS.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Well I hope you will do a review of pros and cons for both machines since you will have had a chance to use both, nobody seems to believe me when I say how great these are.

Likes E350 liked this post
post #9 of 16 Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Just ordered a set of blue roller skate wheels that have blue flashing LEDs inside when you roll them. I may not be the coolest guy but I should have the coolest snowblower side skids ever.

This I will have to take a video of...

Last edited by Coby7; 02-24-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Likes snowjoke liked this post
post #10 of 16 Old 02-24-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Well I hope you will do a review of pros and cons for both machines since you will have had a chance to use both, nobody seems to believe me when I say how great these are.
Your right and I had all the hond' 724s, and 928s in all years and the little Yammie is awesome for the size of it light.fast and easy to use,not mention the snow it can flick out of the chute, all my buddys were amazed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page