LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
yt624 battery dead

Colby, ever have an ignition problem, went out today my battery was dead on the yam 624, now when I 1st got it 3 weeks ago I noticed that the led light was faintly coming on and off some times with key off, so I used to just unplug the ignition switch when done with the blower, last night I left it plugged in and today battery was dead, took 5 mins for it to recharge, as of now dont see and flicking of the led light, I took the ignition switch right off this morning and theres no cover or anything over the back of it,all open on back ,wires and solder points look dirty and corroded already, cleaned it up with a tooth brush put it back on and see what happens, I put some tape on the back to cover it up ,not sure why they would leave a switch exposed to the open for water and dirt to get in with out sealing it ,not sure if thats the problem, I went through all the wires to see if any wires were broken or loose right on down to the battery cant find anything,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 03:31 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 615
Was it a new machine you bought? Mine is also open in the back but I have no corrosion. Snow alone will not make it corrode but maybe EOD mixture might. Did you check your work where you tapped in when you installed your lights. Are you sure you are not exceeding the stator current specs? You should get a battery minder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Coby7; 02-28-2016 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Was it a new machine you bought? Mine is also open in the back but I have no corrosion. Snow alone will not make it corrode but maybe EOD mixture might. Did you check your work where you tapped in when you installed your lights. Are you sure you are not exceeding the stator current specs? You should get a battery minder.
It was like it when I got it the same day, shes brand new, before any other lights were put on, I have been out ever hour since this morning checking and starting it up, seems fine for now but I'll find out after its left overnight, what do you mean EOD mixture

Last edited by chaulky45; 02-28-2016 at 03:44 PM.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 615
EOD End Of Driveway snow mixed with road salt.

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
EOD End Of Driveway snow mixed with road salt.
oh lol, ok, For now, today the blower started fine, no dead battery so I'm thinking it had all to do with the ignition switch being open with no cover on the back open to all the water, salt ect and a bit of corrosion keep the power on just a little with key being turned off, the lights are not faintly flickering anymore, switch is cleaned up and taped on the back, see how it goes

Last edited by chaulky45; 02-29-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page