LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ys-828 Parts in Canada?

Last year i bought a ys-828 in very good shape and used it all last year and most of this year , and am very happy with it. Last time i used it something didn't feel right so i brought it in for service , they told me the Auger shaft is broken and three bearings are seized . The service guy said its a easy fix but he can't find the parts. I found them on boats.net for about $300 CAN. Just wondering where else these parts are available new or used in canada?
As well where do i look on my machine to find the exact year it was made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
I have never bought anything Yamaha related from them, but I can tell you from experience that boats.net is one of the best places I've found for price on the Honda parts. They are always outstanding when is comes to communicating with the me, the customer, and their shipping is usually very fast. If a part is on back order, they'll let you know instead of leaving you hanging to wonder what the hold up is.

I'll step aside for now and let others who might know more specifically about Yamaha things answer you.

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #3 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 10:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 374
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
Check eBay, there was someone from Canada parting out a YS828 recently.

As for what year it is, just like on older Hondas it is very hard to know unless you have the original purchase invoice. What you may be able to figure out though is the model number using serial number. Example YS828TE starts with serial number 7KF-960101. (YS828TE is the info that you need when ordering parts).

I'll second bwdbrn1 with boats.net (the best place so far to get parts for Honda and Yamaha).
post #4 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Last year i bought a ys-828 in very good shape and used it all last year and most of this year , and am very happy with it. Last time i used it something didn't feel right so i brought it in for service , they told me the Auger shaft is broken and three bearings are seized . The service guy said its a easy fix but he can't find the parts. I found them on boats.net for about $300 CAN. Just wondering where else these parts are available new or used in canada?
As well where do i look on my machine to find the exact year it was made?
I just sold an older ys 828, one working and all parts on old parts blower except engine on parts machine was apart, needed rings just last week to a Yamaha blower collector, he also has 2 more ys 828s working and another few 828s scrapped, how ever unless you were close by Corner Brook Nl and if the guy was willing to some parts you need it could be expensive for shipping, where in Nl are you , I can give you the guys number to call him,always someone travelling across the island you could get to bring it to you if he will sell the parts you need

Last edited by chaulky45; 03-04-2017 at 06:30 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 02:30 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Dealer should be able to tell you the year with serial number, and should be able to provide part #s for your machine. bearings are just standard bearings and should be availlable on line or at any bearing store for much less than dealer price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 02:32 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
If the auger still turned the shaft wasn't broken, it may be scored to the point it needs replacing, but doubt very much it broke, unless he broke it upon disassembly.

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #7 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 03:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 374
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
You can contact this seller and inquire about the shaft (He is in Canada)

Used Case Gear Yamaha Snowblower YS 828 T 7kA 46365 00 00 | eBay

I'm also curious about where exactly the shaft broke (I have read that the weak point is where the gear key is).
I'll second the fact that you can buy the bearings on eBay, Amazon or any other place for lees money-what you need is the dimmensions and type of bearing (I use Japaneese bearings for the parts that spin at higher speeds and less expensive ones for the ones that turn at low speeds).
post #8 of 10 Old 03-06-2016, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
thanks everyone for the quick replies , ill try to use the suggests to learn more about my machine.The suggestions have me leaning towards finding a used one. chaulky45 i live near grandfalls but i'm in cornerbrook on a regular basis , would really like that number if you don't mind.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-07-2016, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
To answer hsblowersfan that is were it broke on the left hand side.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-07-2016, 08:31 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
thanks everyone for the quick replies , ill try to use the suggests to learn more about my machine.The suggestions have me leaning towards finding a used one. chaulky45 i live near grandfalls but i'm in cornerbrook on a regular basis , would really like that number if you don't mind.
Ok Np problem, I will message you on here with it
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Timbo thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page