LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-11-2016, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
Yt624 Ignition

Colby, found out it was the Ignition switch killing my battery, the light was flickering off and on every now and then, sometimes I'd go to start it, she would be fine, other times battery be dead, called Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton where I bought it and they are sending me a new Key and switch after I explained it, sometimes the blower wouldnt shut off I had to unplug the harness,, the salesman and the tect didnt know that the back of the switch on all Yamahas are wide open, no cover exposing all the wires and solder points causing corrosion on the switch, thats only since Feb when I bought, theres 18 hours on my blower, however now spring is coming , no snow to blow as of now, normally we keep getting snow till April,so guess she'll be put away till next winter, unless we get unexpected snow, in the mean time shes a pretty impressive machine and everyone who saw me use it thought the same thing that she cold flick the snow a nice ways, quiet, very fast etc,I had to sticker it up with Yamaha stickers the other day so people would know it was a Yamaha, most people were used to seeing me with 724, 928 and 1132 bright red Honda blowers in pasr 30 years , since I bought the Yamaha, many people on my busy road would stop by and ask me what kind of blower you got there,never seen one like it before,lol, as there are only 2=2016s here in the city, she should be very easy to identify now that shes a Yammie,lol

Last edited by chaulky45; 03-04-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-11-2016, 06:05 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
When I bought mine I sprayed the back of the switch with clear lacquer thinking the cover had fallen off in transit and didn't want to leave it exposed until I got a new cover. As you know turns out there's no cover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
When I bought mine I sprayed the back of the switch with clear lacquer thinking the cover had fallen off in transit and didn't want to leave it exposed until I got a new cover. As you know turns out there's no cover.
New switch will be here today or Monday, ill just tape the back of it up so its sealed, they were not aware of no cover on back but no one ever had a problem they know of until now,other then that no problems, just took the plug out cleaned it up gave it 1st oil change, unbelievable how smooth and quiet the Yamaha engines are. but 'mI comparing it to all the Hondas I had over the years, they were not what you call loud, just they are very heavy sounding compared to the Yamahas.not knocking any Hondas cause I had probaly 22 in last 30 years,just spur of the moment sold my 2 year old hss 928 Honda cause someone wanted it, tried my buddys yt624, liked it and bought one
post #4 of 7 Old 03-12-2016, 07:34 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton should have known about this problem since I asked them last year about the missing cover before spraying the back with clear lacquer.

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #5 of 7 Old 03-12-2016, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton should have known about this problem since I asked them last year about the missing cover before spraying the back with clear lacquer.
Got the switch at 4 pm yesterday from Purolater, got the back sealed with Black Gorilla tape, so far no problems starts fine, and cant see any lights flickering, had it in front of my living room window up till 12 last night, started fine again just then, so guess that was the problem, corroded switch
post #6 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 07:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I noticed this as an issue also. I ended up putting dielectric grease around the connections and then sealed it up with tape as best I could, but I'm going to take it apart and clean it up. Need to come up with something better.

Yamaha YT624EJ

Last edited by AE101; 03-18-2016 at 07:45 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-20-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE101 View Post
I noticed this as an issue also. I ended up putting dielectric grease around the connections and then sealed it up with tape as best I could, but I'm going to take it apart and clean it up. Need to come up with something better.
I did mine neatly with black duct tape sealed pretty good, no issues, been starting fine , its been snowing here in Corner Brook now since Thurs, had the blower out everyday since, Its Sunday now, was out for 3 hours last night and I'd say later on the blower will be out for another few hours later, snowing good again today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page