LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 39
Videos

Had a few people on here and on the Honda forum message me for a few videos of the 2016 yt624 going through wet snow and another going through the dry snow,, to compare to the 2016 honda 724,like my neighbour has thats pretty slow and boggy, I just uploaded 2 videos on you tube but didnt know how to post them here, in the search bar you ca

Heres a video of my very 1st blower in 1986, hs 80, 8hp 24 inch cut, sold it 3 years ago just bought it back, bare with me kinda hard in -22 videoing and driving this

Last edited by chaulky45; 04-18-2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: I added in the videos! ;)
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks E350 thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 749
Chalky,
I added in your videos!

(all you have to do is copy the link from youtube, and past it into the message here..the forum software does the rest)

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaulky45 View Post
Had a few people on here and on the Honda forum message me for a few videos of the 2016 yt624 going through wet snow and another going through the dry snow,, to compare to the 2016 honda 724,like my neighbour has thats pretty slow and boggy, I just uploaded 2 videos on you tube but didnt know how to post them here, in the search bar you can type

2016 yt624 yamaha wet snow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb267it0FoI

2016 yt624 yamaha dry snow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taj25XyWUwY

for my neighbours new honda 2016 724 video you can type
2016 724 honda snow blower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpTkFyBzcg
lol, did someone post the videos here for me or did they some how pop up,lol
post #4 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
Chalky,
I added in your videos!

(all you have to do is copy the link from youtube, and past it into the message here..the forum software does the rest)

Scot
lol, thanks again,,
post #5 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 749
is "yamaha wet snow" and "2016 724 honda snow blower" from the same day?

I dont doubt Yahamas are fine machines..we all know they are.
but even if this is the same day, im still not sure its a meaningful comparison..

the guy with the Honda might be inexperienced..
and chaulky, it looks like you are going *much* slower into the snow than your neighbor..which is of course the better way to do it..your video shows your Yahama barely crawling along, very slowly..

But if your neighbor was trying to go even slightly faster into the dense snow, that could account for the bogging down..

so this isnt necessarily a valid comparison between a Yahama and a Honda, where all things are equal..
(when the Honda *is* throwing, its throwing fine..)
so the differences could be easily explainable by different operation of the machines..in other words, it could be the humans that are different! and not necessarily the snowblowers..

Scot

post #6 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:

but even if this is the same day, im still not sure its a meaningful comparison..

and chaulky, it looks like you are going *much* slower into the snow than your neighbor..which is of course the better way to do it..your video shows your Yahama barely crawling along, very slowly..

But if your neighbor was trying to go even slightly faster into the dense snow, that could account for the bogging down..

so this isnt necessarily a valid comparison between a Yahama and a Honda, where all things are equal..
so the differences could be easily explainable by different operation of the machines..in other words, it could be the humans that are different! and not necessarily the snowblowers..

Scot
Yes you are right he was going a bit to fast and new to him, 1st snow blower, but he had it a nice while now, they took it down turned up the governor a few rpms its a bit better but not the way the older hondas are, as for mine, it was mild and pecking rain on the wet snow video and I just took it out of the back of the truck,same day I got it, so it was new to me also, it was 1st snow thrown that day,and no you cant go full boar through any type of snow but she is still better then the Honda , when /if we get a day where my long driveway is and we get more snow were going to go out with both blowers and do them side by side, but we need someone to shoot the video at the time and on a day when everyone is here to do it,we just never got the timing down yet to do it, hopefully before snow is all gone we can try it and see
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes sscotsman, E350 liked this post
post #7 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Yes you are right he was going a bit to fast and new to him, 1st snow blower, but he had it a nice while now, they took it down turned up the governor a few rpms its a bit better but not the way the older hondas are, as for mine, it was mild and pecking rain on the wet snow video and I just took it out of the back of the truck,same day I got it, so it was new to me also, it was 1st snow thrown that day,and no you cant go full boar through any type of snow but she is still better then the Honda , when /if we get a day where my long driveway is and we get more snow were going to go out with both blowers and do them side by side, but we need someone to shoot the video at the time and on a day when everyone is here to do it,we just never got the timing down yet to do it, hopefully before snow is all gone we can try it and see
and no videos are on different days, when he got his 724, we had a dump of snow, it was maybe -10, snow was light and fluffy from snow all night approx 10-12 inches that night
my video in wet was approx 4-5 degs and raining, and the other video of mine, maybe minis 10-12 also with approx 10-12 inches of snow on the later different day
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes sscotsman liked this post
post #8 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Just took a video of my hs 80 I bought back, sold it 3 years ago,itwas my 1st blower in 1986
post #9 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:

Scot
Just added my 1986 hs 80 8hp 24 inch cut, 1st blower I bought in 1986, sold it 3 years ago but just bought it back, she works good for old school
post #10 of 12 Old 03-24-2016, 11:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 374
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
No doubt that the Yamaha is doing better in the video (and maybe it is better than the HSS724), but as the OP states, I would like to see a side by side comparison, at the same time, same snow conditions and same ground speed. And of course someone else recording it to get a full view of them.

The way things look like so far it worse than like looking at this video for Honda (not a fair comparison at all).....

Thanks help thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page