Snowblower Forum banner

YS624 Service Manual

20K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Cabincat 
#1 ·
New to this forum,

Appreciate up front all the help, don't know that much about working on SB's. Yamaha wants $92 for a service manual, anyone know of where I can download a copy?

Problem:
Can change gears and direction if I clamp a set of vise grips on the outer arm, not sure which gear I'm really in when doing this.
Can Not change gears using the control levers.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Welcome Aboard!

:white^_^arial^_^0^_

It's not uncommon for service manuals to be rather expensive. Back in the day there were times when some dealers of motorcycles and small engine equipment like lawn mowers and snowblowers wouldn't even sell them to you! But now with the internet you can usually find them.

#8 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Somehow the post got in the wrong spot so have cleared out the comment

A service manual is not going to do any trouble shooting for you.

You have to know how it works and what to look for where its wrong.

In this case you have to open up the bottom and follow the linkages and see what is not moving what.

Year of machine? Some are rubber drive and some are hydrostatic (not sure when they changed to the rubber wheel drive but by 98 for sure). Seemed like it had been that for a few years at least.

Pictures of the drive area would be needed, its not something that a written description lends itself to.

#13 ·
Post #7 was quite helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.