Help identify model? Need a bearing I think. - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Help identify model? Need a bearing I think.

Hows it going everybody, great forum so far!

New guy here, bought my first snowblower, (Well first that ive bought and kept for myself.)

Picked it up "not running" for $50, planned on getting it in good working order, and selling it for a bit more, but decided to keep it this season since it ran and worked SO well.

Its an older model, Yard-Man Snowbird, I found the ID stickers on the rear panel, where theres a model and serial, but neither bring anything up online.

Model says "31220 0 10690" But it looks like that last "1" might be an "I"
Serial: 41-008-8785

We got a few more inches last night, and I fired her up today, and the chain popped off the auger sprocket coming out of the (transmission?)

I got it back on, and realized 2 of the 4 bolts holding the front auger/shield/chute part were missing, causing the whole assembly to shift a good half inch or so, which I believe now killed the bearing in the little rod that comes out of the engine/transmission with the sprocket for the auger chain.

I ran out, got 4 new bolts and locking nuts, got them in and tight, started snowblowing again and within 20-30 seconds the chain popped off again, so I decided to tear it down bolt by bolt, got the front off, handles off, and popped the bottom cover off, and everything checks out great besides that pulley.

I will attach a couple pictures I shot after I got it running, its the little rod that comes out that has the sprocket for the auger chain. The bolts and everything are/is tight and snug, but the rod just wiggles all over, leaving the bearing to be the only culprit.

Had a few buyers lined up to buy it soon, so id like to order this part and get her going again.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BrianDye; 02-09-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
If you can get the bearing out you could check the old one for a part number, or measure it and order by size. You could also take the old one to an industrial / bearing supply warehouse and they should be able to measure it and match up a new one for you.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 2767
Likes (Received): 500
Hello and welcome to the forum. That appears to be a newer replacement motor, you did well for $50. The original motor was a 3 1/2hp Tecumseh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page