Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1032D series 164034. Any manuals parts lists available?
The JD site has a listing, but nothing to download. Help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
That's the one I use most. I look up the part number and then see if it will cross over to any other P/N and then see who has availability and price. I can usually count on the dealer being the most expensive with Searspartsdirect.com coming in second but sometimes dealer isn't bad and they have it on the shelf. If it's a matter of have to have it NOW then cost really isn't that important.

For manuals JD corporate is pretty picky about not having their manuals show up on the internet. You're reduced to buying the manual or maybe get lucky where someone else made a PDF of their's and is willing to share.
Plenty of us have 32" JD's too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.

I don't understand why JD charges for manuals, when other companies let you have them for free. Ariens even supplies the service manuals for free, at least for older models.

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
Some do, some don't. Honda doesn't. Craftsmans sold in Canada don't show up for parts on the SearsPartsDirect dot com site and I find that really nuts.

It's just a way to make money off their intellectual property. In some corporate guys mind he thinks you should be bringing it back to the dealer or if you dare to dive in yourself then you should buy the service manual if the owners manual doesn't cover it or was lost.
I can't really explain it, just know it's not only JD that does it. IMHO it's a very positive customer service issue to be granted 24/7 access to that information. I really appreciate how Ariens and Toro to name a couple are open about their manuals and parts diagrams on line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree it makes for a positive customer service experience when they provide the information for free. Makes me more inclined to buy their product rather than someone elses.

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
It's too new to be a JD, JD. They stopped making those back in 1990.
The engine was likely built in 1996. Machines I could find around there ('96-'97) look like yours. Back then it could be a Murray or Ariens.
Someone should know for sure but I know the TRS and TRX were Murray for sure so I think you might have an Ariens.
I did check the friction wheel for crossover and it does come up with Ariens.

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
If you check out a few other parts and they come up as fitting an Ariens it's pretty much a sure bet. The friction disc only fits JD and Ariens applications so for me that pretty much guarantees it's an Ariens built for JD.

But wouldn't hurt to ask https://www.ariens.com/en-us/support/contact-us

Or your local JD dealer might tell you. :confused2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If Ariens or another mfgr made it, would it be a clone of one of their own brand or something unique? I'd like to get a service manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What specifically are you looking for in a manual? Do you need information from the original owner's manual or from the JD technical manual? My 17XXXX 1032D should share the same owner's manual if you need specific information from that. Otherwise, I have the technical manual for this series but wouldn't be able to provide any information (scans/PDFs) of it until the weekend. Is your machine in working condition or are you trying to find parts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What specifically are you looking for in a manual? Do you need information from the original owner's manual or from the JD technical manual? My 17XXXX 1032D should share the same owner's manual if you need specific information from that. Otherwise, I have the technical manual for this series but wouldn't be able to provide any information (scans/PDFs) of it until the weekend. Is your machine in working condition or are you trying to find parts?

Thanks for the info. Its currently not running and need some parts. Since I just acquired it, I like to get the manuals. Whatever you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you check out a few other parts and they come up as fitting an Ariens it's pretty much a sure bet. The friction disc only fits JD and Ariens applications so for me that pretty much guarantees it's an Ariens built for JD.

When you looked up the part, did it tell you which JD applications it fit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On Amazon, the drive disc for the 1032D fits a number of Snapper, Ariens and Troybilt machines.
Funny, they don't list which models JD it fits.

https://www.amazon.com/Replaces-Snapper-7018782sm-00170800-Am122115/dp/B00P80LU6K

Drive Disc replaces Snapper 7018782SM Ariens 00170800 John Deere AM122115.

Fits Ariens ST824DLE, ST928LE, ST1024, ST1028 and ST1132.

Troy Bilt 42010, 42012, 42033, 42034, 42036, 42039, 42040 and 42041 self-propelled mowers 42051 and 42052 snowthrowers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I PM'd you mplieb. The manuals haven't been scanned yet but I can grab pictures of select pages if you need them this weekend.

I think the reason the slip disc may not show JD models is two-fold: JD has their own 'specs' and model numbers for products AND the model numbers remain the same across multiple generations and are instead identified by serial number breaks.

Also, no, I do not believe there is an Ariens 'clone' of this machine. It appears to be an amalgamation of several Ariens machines combined into 1. For the most part, it looks more modern than some of the similar Ariens of the time (larger wheels, larger bucket, more ergonomic dash, etc...) and the cab appears to be more machine-specific rather than a universal type cab that the Ariens of the time had. As mentioned though, the Ariens ST1032 is a close alternative, the bucket is a bit different though. I think the mechanics may be the same for the most part, though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts