Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I repowered this 924050 with a Briggs 11 a few weeks ago. Today, I had some time, and added impeller Seal and a Chute Upgrade. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait 8 months to Try it Out..,..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
Not getting the snow they threatened us with but plenty of wind, sleet, light rain mixed with a little flurries. So far only about 1-2 is sitting on the ground but that wind and the temp is just a killer. It's about 20-25 degrees under normal mid-April temps. Presently my mercury is sitting at 28 degrees, burrrrrrrr

Did you do that for a keeper or is that going up for sale ??

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not getting the snow they threatened us with but plenty of wind, sleet, light rain mixed with a little flurries. So far only about 1-2 is sitting on the ground but that wind and the temp is just a killer. It's about 20-25 degrees under normal mid-April temps. Presently my mercury is sitting at 28 degrees, burrrrrrrr

Did you do that for a keeper or is that going up for sale ??

Currently, My Keeper is a 1976 32" 924 Series w/impeller Seal, Tall Chute, and Newer 10hp Tec. that Works Incredible. I never thought I'd sell my Kickass Modded 10000 Series, but Someone made an offer I couldn't Refuse! I got tired of tripping over that 11 briggs, and since It wouldn't Sell, I decided to Drop it on a 924 I had out back.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
That ought to be unstoppable :) My 1024 does quite well for power even in deep snow, in terms of bogging. An even beefier engine should be great!

I just wish mine could process and fling more snow per second. More often than I'd like, the snow spills past the side of the bucket, into the area I just cleared. In the offseason, I'll probably replace the auger belt. I don't *think* it's actually slipping, but I found some little belt bits in the bottom of the machine recently, so it's probably worn, at least.

If you had the parts & inclination, going to a larger auger pulley on the engine could be a really nice way to make use of all that power. It would throw further, and process the snow faster. Allowing faster ground speeds before the snow starts to overflow from the bucket.

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
Currently, My Keeper is a 1976 32" 924 Series w/impeller Seal, Tall Chute, and Newer 10hp Tec. that Works Incredible. I never thought I'd sell my Kickass Modded 10000 Series, but Someone made an offer I couldn't Refuse! I got tired of tripping over that 11 briggs, and since It wouldn't Sell, I decided to Drop it on a 924 I had out back.
i never thought i'd sell my special honda 1128 either. when this couple came over to look at another one of mine i was blowing snow with the 1128 and it was blowing snow a mile. they asked me about selling it and i threw out a ridiculous number and they agreed.

i even delivered it. thought i would miss it but don't.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
too bad you don't have any snow to test it out, great job as usual though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts