Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Last 6 months, I've been Tripping over this 11 Briggs, and Decided to Drop it on a 924050 I had Out Back. Holes were Factory Drilled for the Briggs Footprint. Had to Mod the Crank Linkage, and Size Belts, as the Crank Height is Different. Also Modded a Craftsman Belt Cover to Work. Still Needs Some Cleanup, Chute Mod, and Impeller Seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Very cool Jack...I remember you having that engine when I visited last. That should really throw the white stuff! I've been toying with the idea of doing the same swap with an 11 Briggs that burns oil some but runs strong.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Jack, how do you find the right belt size when you do a modification? Do you try different belts you have around? Do you use a string or rope around the pulleys and then measure?

I have a set of old belts, 3L, 4L, 5L, that are purposely too long and I've cut. I know the length of these belts, I then track around the pulleys and measure how much I have left and subtract.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Save Good Belts and Other Useful Parts before Scrapping Machines. I Keep a Good Assortment on Hand.

·
Registered
230 Posts
st1136 belts will work fine, that motor came on the 1136 and the only differences between the machines beltwise is crank height

1 - 6 of 6 Posts