Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just joined because I am searching for a machine to clean silt from concrete irrigation ditches, and it looks like a snow blower situation might do the trick. The ditches are an easy 12" flat on the bottom, and a two stage would be what I want.

I'm looking for any recommendations on something that might work out of the box, and if not I'll be thinking of modifications to get a machine narrowed down to work in that space.

Look forward to browsing the forum, and I welcome ANY suggestions or recommendations or questions.

Colorado

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome to SBF Colorado farmer. They used to make a snow blower and a power broom attachment for the trimmer plus or click link type power heads used for lawn trimming. I'm sure you have miles of ditches, so these are not that practical for your application.

Brush attachment-

Snow blower attachment-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there! Thanks for replying! We have two miles of ditches, and many miles more that I could clean if I had a machine. Thanks for posting! I'm still on the lookout.

·
Super Moderator
2,681 Posts
Theoretically you could cut down an auger housing to 12" but you'd still have a 24" or wider tractor unit to deal with at a minimum. Having never seen what your drainage ditches look like, what about something like a tractor with a rear mounted scraper or shovel?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
seems like a bit of work, but what about some sort of custom/homebuilt conveyor dredge thing mounted to a piece of farm equipments pto or hydraulics

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yeah, for that application, I would think that a scrapper type, or a fabbed up splitter style plow, that resembles a drainage tile plow, might work. Merry Christmas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts