Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my next trick will be a 12V starter. My engine is a HM100 and I found these starter numbers: 36680 Tecumseh or 33-712 Oregon. Anyone familiar with this?

Second, I don't want to put in a fancy starter switch, just want to use a push button. Can I run the output of the onboard generator through a large diode so it doesn't backfeed and kill the battery when it's off?

·
Registered
111 Posts
My model 924508 from 2002 came with a 12 volt starter and on-board battery. The wiring is quite different as it has a solenoid to activate the starter activated by a keyed switch similar to an automobile. You might want to study the wiring diagram on one of the many parts sites that have them or on Ariens.com itself. Use Serial Number 101 as starting with serial 4000 it is a different, 2004 model without key start. Good luck. I'm sure it can be done with enough effort. Maybe Jackmels can supply some of the needed parts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come to think of it, there was a lighting thread a while back dealing with the fact that the TEC engines produce AC, not DC. That'll make things more fun....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking it up there seems to be a diode and my stator (by model number) is listed as a DC stator. I had a friend scope the output and it was a sawtooth pattern between 30V and 40V which I guess could be attributed to a non-regulated open AC circuit with a diode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts