Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1333 SWE with a bad auger driveshaft. The shaft spun in the impeller bearing and wore the shaft down to the point of being unuseable. Part # 711-1133. Other large frame MTD's used this same shaft. I checked ebay but the only thing I can find is a new one for $150 but I was hoping to find a used one for cheaper. I don't know what else I'm going to find when I tear the gearbox apart. I only intend on doing this job once, so I'm going to replace anything that's wearing out. Could wind up being an expensive fix if I have to replace anything in there as well. If anyone has a good used shaft that they would sell me, let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Du you have the dimensions of the shaft?? I have a few new complete gear boxes and shafts, but don't know the part numbers. I had bought a bunch of NOS pieces.....

Or, how about a parts machine?? Those tubs rot out fairly often, and many seem to be neglected and abused. Maybe a cheap investment.

GLuck, Jay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a larger machine than your typical mtd's. It has a 16" impeller and larger gearbox. I don't have the shaft completely removed yet so these measurements are approximate. The shaft is 7/8" diameter and looks to be about 15-18" long. The pulley/impeller end of the shaft is not splined like it is on the 12" impeller mtd's. It's smooth with a keway slot. The gearbox has a grease fitting on it also. I would buy a parts machine if I could find one but these machines are rare. If you do find one they're usually in good shape and expensive. If by some stroke of luck you or someone else has one, I would be grateful. Let me know if you do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts