Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got to move some real snow finally yesterday. 12-24" of wind blown powder. Very pleased with the snow throwing distance (no mods on this machine) as I was having to fire it almost right over the house. I have been breaking track wheel shear pins semi-regularly, but other than that the machine has given me no more issues after our initial growing pains! Bit of a bear to get loaded into the pickup though, flipped it backwards as my ramps are a tad short (its 550+ lb.) but loading backwards helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Munshaw,

I have seen the foldable aluminum ramps at Harbor Freight that look like they would work on a pickup fine.

I have an aluminum 5x8 trailer, so my home made ramps don't need any height. My 1 inch oak boards with 1/4 mesh screwed on work fine.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1400-lbs-capacity-12-in-x-84-in-folding-arched-aluminumsteel-loading-ramps-set-of-two-63772.html

Yeah I don't plan on having this truck much longer, or moving the blower often otherwise I'd get new ramps. Trading in a lifted F150 with 35" tires for a Tacoma and a small utility trailer with ramps, so it should be a non-issue going forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts