Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned since new. No problems with or replacement of either belt. Per photo, drive belt is not going over the center of its pulley.

Should I be concerned? Belts look ok to me but this is my first and only blower. My remedy would be to add washers to the engine side to push the pulley towards the front. Does that make sense? Necessary?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The Drive Belt is Always under a Load from a Spring. I would remove the belt, and check the amount of play in the idler pulley. If it seems OK, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Are you talking about the idler pulley? Many times they are crooked because the bearings are not good, not sealed well, can't be greased and the pulley twists. When the bearings get bad, you replace the pulley, they are cheap and generic. Then it will be reasonably straight again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traction belt idler & now pics of Idler hex shaft and friction disc

Thank you for your replies!

It is the Traction belt idler that seems misaligned but belt seems ok and moving that pulley form side to side has less play in it than the attachment pulley. Blower moves ok forward and backwards and no big concerns from you experts, so I'll move on.

Attached are photos of Friction disc and Idler Hex Shaft.

Friction disc is worn but seems to have plenty of rubber left. Agree?

Chain drive has a little play in it but the rubber on Idler Hex shaft has pretty deep "teeth marks". Is that normal?

Thanks,

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts