Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a nice 724 for my heavy storms, and i was looking for something simple and reliable for the up to 4 inch or so snowfalls. Is a used 1800 a good option? Can paddles and belts be easily replaced and at a reasonable cost? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Just bought a nice 724 for my heavy storms, and i was looking for something simple and reliable for the up to 4 inch or so snowfalls. Is a used 1800 a good option? Can paddles and belts be easily replaced and at a reasonable cost? Thanks in advance.
I have a 1800 electric I use on my second story deck. Works good for that. This past winter I used it on my driveway (3 cars wide and 3 cars long). It worked OK. Dealing with the cord was a bit cumbersome, but I think if one did it enough and developed a "system" it would go easier. As far as performance, it did a pretty good job for what it is. I picked up another one off CL real cheap. Needs a new plug in, one of the spades is chared to a crisp, but it does work. I got the new plug from Toro yesterday. Tomorrow I will replace it and wait till fall and resell it

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes, seems like a nice place with nice people. I added a Toro powershovel for $25 to the removal force today. C'mon winter, I'll be ready for you this year!!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes, seems like a nice place with nice people. I added a Toro powershovel for $25 to the removal force today. C'mon winter, I'll be ready for you this year!!
I will be curious to here how that works. I have wondered about them.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I TRUST it is a TORO...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts