Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and I have as indicated above, a 1950 Oshkosh Snogo originally purchased for the US Army Airforce.
It is in incredibly good original condition but circumstances state that it is time to find a new appreciative home.
It has BRAND NEW double duty V-Bar Chains on all four tires.
It was purchased for the Watertown South Dakota Municipal Airport and served it's life there. I imported it to British Columbia but circumstances changed and I have not used it.
The front (driving) engine is a Continental flathead which runs superbly well.
The rear (blower) engine is a Klauer Bluestreak 6 cylinder with dual ignition.
It has three (3) transmissions yielding (I believe) 18 forward and three reverse speeds.
If anyone is interested email me and I can email pics and further information.
Thanks for your interest.
BillyBuzzard
[email protected]
250-276-4421

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I am a new member and I have as indicated above, a 1950 Oshkosh Snogo originally purchased for the US Army Airforce.
It is in incredibly good original condition but circumstances state that it is time to find a new appreciative home.
It has BRAND NEW double duty V-Bar Chains on all four tires.
It was purchased for the Watertown South Dakota Municipal Airport and served it's life there. I imported it to British Columbia but circumstances changed and I have not used it.
The front (driving) engine is a Continental flathead which runs superbly well.
The rear (blower) engine is a Klauer Bluestreak 6 cylinder with dual ignition.
It has three (3) transmissions yielding (I believe) 18 forward and three reverse speeds.
If anyone is interested email me and I can email pics and further information.
Thanks for your interest.
BillyBuzzard
[email protected]
250-276-4421
why not post pics here and now!?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
But it won't fit on a sidewalk!

Great if you own an airport.

·
Premium Member
1979 (or so) Toro 724 (38050) and 2018 Ariens Platinum 24
1,464 Posts
That's one of the units they usein tne UP of MI for bank cutbacks, drift control, and to load trucks toremove snow from downtown. Very versatile and useful IF you get the snowfall . . .

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Our town has a blower like that that goes on the front af a payloader, although I have not seen it used in years. They used to use it to clear out the center of town, blowing the snow into triaxles.

They also have a front-end units they put onto their cabbed lawn mowers for the side walks

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's a beast that one... imagine a truck with a train-sized blower hung on the front.

Very interested to see pictures, and welcome to SBF.
How is that thing powered? Does not seem like there is enough space in front of the truck's grill and the back of the blower assembly. If that an engine on the flatbed that has a prop shaft running up to the blower?

Reactions: Yanmar Ronin

·
Somebody
3,557 Posts
How is that thing powered? ... If that an engine on the flatbed that has a prop shaft running up to the blower?
I believe so.

·
Premium Member
1979 (or so) Toro 724 (38050) and 2018 Ariens Platinum 24
1,464 Posts
Definitely! Front engine is for the truck, and the rear runs the blower via a drivetrain/gearbox/shaft running under the center of the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front engine is a flathead 329 CID Continental driving the four wheel drive..
The rear motor is a Klauer Bluestreak 1096 CID Dual Ignition driving the augers, fan and blower.
Bill

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice piece of vintage iron.

These big units are becoming less and less common around here as municipalities switch to the blowers that are mounted to a front end loader when needed.

·
Somebody
3,557 Posts
How's the fuel economy...? 🤣

Seriously... it's super neat. Maybe see if there's a small municipal or private airport nearby that'd be interested. Dunno if "Trade-A-Plane" is still a thing, but there must be something similar that'd catch those guys' eye.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts