Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Doug Browne, I really like scots website. It helped identify parts a few years ago I needed. So...Scot, if you are reading this I have a 1964 model, been in family since new. it still runs, needs some TLC on fuel lines and carb clean out. It yours if you want it, I have sentimental attachment having known and used it my whole life. My grandfather bought it new in 64, he passed shortly thereafter and my dad used it until he just recently passed. Somewhere I have the sales slip and owners manual too.
I have a tractor snow blower for my 300 ft drive so I do not have a need for it. I would be willing to help deliver or meet you half way if distance dictates.

if scot is not interested, then I’ll open up to the forum for anyone interested in keeper it running
- Doug -

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi my name is Doug Browne, I really like scots website. It helped identify parts a few years ago I needed. So...Scot, if you are reading this I have a 1964 model, been in family since new. it still runs, needs some TLC on fuel lines and carb clean out. It yours if you want it, I have sentimental attachment having known and used it my whole life. My grandfather bought it new in 64, he passed shortly thereafter and my dad used it until he just recently passed. Somewhere I have the sales slip and owners manual too.
I have a tractor snow blower for my 300 ft drive so I do not have a need for it. I would be willing to help deliver or meet you half way if distance dictates.

if scot is not interested, then I’ll open up to the forum for anyone interested in keeper it running
- Doug -
Btw I am in Massachusetts, near New Hampshire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for not responding right away, got swamped at work, I’ll reply in order of response thanks all

·
Registered
861 Posts
I’ve pm’all who have inquired thanks
Hopefully we’ll get this delivered to new home soon
Doug
You are a stouter man of feeling more than I, Mr. Browne.
If my father AND my grandfather operated my blower, I couldn't bring myself to think about giving it away.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Doug's Arien's 10ML60D has found its forever home (maybe)! Just wanted to update this thread. Doug gave me the tour of the machine, and he says it comes with an unlimited return policy!

My first "old steel" blower, and only second as an adult (current 2005 Arien's 724). And its true, the steel on these is much thicker! Looking forward to fitting this project in over the spring and summer. i'll start my own thread on it and pick peoples brains. A couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Great machine to refurbish or restore, look forward to following your project, hopefully with lots of photos.

It should clean up pretty well and looks fairly complete (missing heater box and Ariens handle bar nameplate), congratulations.

·
Registered
490 Posts
thanks. not sure it ever had a handle bar name plate, have to look into that. as for heater box, do you mean the shroud that covers the carb/mffler? if so, it did come with the blower.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Yes the heater box goes over the carb and muffler, good that you have it.

They did come with a name plate

·
Registered
490 Posts
yes, looking at the original instructions and parts manual. the front picture shows the handle name plate. maybe someone will donate one to me!

·
Registered
861 Posts
yes, looking at the original instructions and parts manual. the front picture shows the handle name plate. maybe someone will donate one to me!
Congrats! Hard to find a nameplate in one piece anymore, as far as I know.
Might make a nice money-making project over the summer. If you set up to make one, you can make a hundred!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts