Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year all. Just joined and have a question about my old 10M6. It is a 10M6 Ser# 050668 and I'm having clutch problems. There is about an 1 1/2"-2" play in the handle and although it will disengage, it is hard to change gears. It doesn't seem to matter where I adjust the rod other than take out some of the handle free play. I'm guessing that when the lever is pulled that it disengages the friction wheel from the drive plate but is there another adjustment down inside ? (I can't pull the lever and get down to see clearly into the gearbox area) From what I can see the rod moves the disc bracket but I guess not enough. Parts just may be worn out as the machine is 1965 vintage. OK, I really thank you and appreciate any feedback as this is one great machine and near perfect for my needs.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Welcome

Unfortunately I can't answer your question but I can welcome you to the forum. Any chance of getting a wife, kid or neighbor to give you a hand while you look for adjustments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a tool so I get some more leverage right down at where the arm goes into the case sooo when it warms up, to at least 20 deg. I'll get out and try it. A little too cold right now for my old bones to look at my old machine!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts