Snowblower Forum banner

1968 10 hp Canadian tracked unit

2K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  skyward 
#1 ·
thanks for the the addition to the group, in the process of turning this machine into a take me across the ice to fish, maybe someone here can give an insight all that might involved to make this a running unit to go across the lake gears i am thinking once the blower part is gone thinking this is possible have a video but not a wiz at this as yet thanks guys talk soon

#2 ·
I would think it could easily be done. You'll have to rig some type of skid platform, braced up to the handlebars, as it will want to fall backwards, you can put a seat on it as well ..... make sire you got some nice XTrac ......

#4 ·
Not aware of any 10HP tracked snow blowers manufactured in 1968, would be interested in seeing this snow blower.
Can you post some photos of the machine?

#9 ·
Is your machine similar to this 80's or 90's vintage?
Vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt Wood Wheel

Found a manual:

Attachments

#13 ·
Does it have a central shaft with chains to each track drive wheel? I restored a trac II some years ago. The shafts all turned in plastic sleeve bearings.. They were rusted solid so I replaced them with flange ball bearings. You may need to change the chain drive sprocket ratio to move faster. Good luck. GJ

#21 ·
thanks you snow blower gods so far, got the chance to tear apart the Thing ( its new name ) looking to make it faster everything seems to work after to auger was taken off all chains under the cowlings i think i like that ? replacement tracks ? 54 inches long by 5 1/2 wide tracks are they available found a slit in track , like to replace and stud which seems easy enough thats a start for now Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.