Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad bought this monster brand new in 1972. It is now mine and she finally blew up. It has a Tecumseh 7 HP engine and I wanted to know if anyone out there has swapped a different engine onto this beast and if so how many HP can I put on it and what is the output shaft size for the V-belt pully?

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to the forum sjp

I can't say that one exactly but members are constantly re-powering all kinds of machines. The favored engine is the $100-125 HarborFreight Predator.

You might want to start a thread there on your machine or at lest do some reading to get an idea of what you're looking at.

Can also look around on Craigslist and ebay for a used Tec engine for a bolt on replacement too.
Might find one with a bad auger or damaged auger gear box but good engine and get it for $50

Re-Powering - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

:icon-wwp: Show us the Polar Bear !!

What happened that it's "blown" ??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did it seize while running, or from sitting? Either way, I'd try putting some PB Blaster in the cylinder, pulling the blower housing, and try turning the flywheel with a breaker bar. I agree with nt, seized with oil isn't all that normal. Also, agree with Kiss4AFrog - pictures please!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts