Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While struggling to install a new fuel line, the tank valve assembly turned away on me and now is not snug to the tank. It fails the soap bubble test when I blow into the tank with my mouth.
I looked into the tank with my inspection camera and I see that it looks like there is a stem extending about an inch into the tank from the valve assembly. But I can't see a nut to tighten the fitting to the tank.
How can I tighten that seal?
Thanks, Don2

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Don, Welcome! Glad you found us. This is more than a DIY forum. Show us pics, ask questions at anytime. Search under my name for "Snowblower Checklist".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Oneacer for the lead to the answer to my question. Now that I have seen the replacement, I realize the correct answer is, there is no nut to tighten it. The fitting is a forced fit through a tight grommet.
Further more, my leak check with a soapy water solution was under too much pressure from my mouth which forced the air to escape around the fitting, thus making me believe I had broken the seal when the fitting valve moved.
Happily, there was no gas leakage around the fitting when I put gas in the tank and no need to purchase a new fitting!
Don2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Oneacer for the lead to the answer to my question. Now that I have seen the replacement, I realize the correct answer is, there is no nut to tighten it. The fitting is a forced fit through a tight grommet.
Further more, my leak check with a soapy water solution was under too much pressure from my mouth which forced the air to escape around the fitting, thus making me believe I had broken the seal when the fitting valve moved.
Happily, there was no gas leakage around the fitting when I put gas in the tank and no need to purchase a new fitting!
Don2
By the way, I should have asked another question about something sticking out of the fitting inside the tank. I have provided a snap shot from my inspection camera. What is that?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don, Welcome! Glad you found us. This is more than a DIY forum. Show us pics, ask questions at anytime. Search under my name for "Snowblower Checklist".
Thanks for the welcome! I don't know what you mean
"Search under my name for "Snowblower Checklist"."
[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts